How long does one have to wait — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does one have to wait

dougal1
dougal1 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi all,
I had my mandatory intervention on 7th August 2018, l received a letter two weeks later saying decision within 6 weeks to 8 weeks, l phoned pip yesterday after 10 weeks only to be told another two weeks minimum, phone back after 12 weeks.
This farce has been going on since January 2018 when i initially asked for an M.I,, can anyone tell me if there is an upper limit in time before they are legally bound to give me a decision .
Thank-you in anticipation 
Doug 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No, there's no timescales to any decision. I know it's frustrating but there's nothing you can do until the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    You say it's been going on since January 2018, was that when you asked for the MR (not MI) and now you're waiting for the Tribunal hearing?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dougal1
    Hi poppy, 
    It was definitely an M.I as l wasn't challenging any decision, I was asking for my pip reward to be looked at again as my condition has worsened, applied in January 2018 ,had to remind them in March.
    I had my assessment if you can call it that finally in August.
    Had letter through August 12th saying they had all info reqd decision with 6 weeks, l phoned them yesterday, was told another 2 weeks that takes time waited to just over 12 weeks 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi dougal1,

Although there is no time limit it generally takes 6-8 weeks for a decision to be made so 12 weeks is taking far longer than usual. You really should consider asking to speak to a manager the next time you call them and maybe threaten a complaint to see if that resolves the problem. I hope the decision goes your way when you finally get it.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• dougal1
    Hi Lee.
    Thank-you for taking the time to answer, all I get when l phoned before is there is a backlog I'll have to wait, I will phone them again tomorrow 
    Regards Doug 
  • Adi72
    Adi72 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    Hello all.I have been told another 28 weeks on top of already waiting 22 weeks so far.So now i cant pay my mortgage and im telling them i have been told my daughters pip application is strong according to my advisor.They are being understanding so far but its so stressful.My daughtet is unwell and this us stressing us both out.How in earth do people manage financially while waiting for the tribunal date and possible award?x
  • Adi72
    Adi72 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    To clarify the 22 weeks is from putting in the appeal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.