Refused PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused PIP

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    RachelSB said:
    a good friend once told me “when faced with bullies, the trick is to find a bigger bully”. Find someone who can kick DWP back to reality.
    That is poor advice and likely to land you in serious bother.
    To deal with a bully is to walk away and not give them the time of day.

Using your method reminds me when I was 14 in the early 60's. I had to put up with bullying at school for 4 years. I walked away,
    However it came to a head one day when I turned round and smacked him just the once across the jaw which went with a crack!
    Poor lad was wired up for months.

I was called into the head for causing the lad serious damage for no apparent reason. My excuses fell on deaf ears. I was warned that one more antic like that and I would be out of school permanently.

• RachelSB
    RachelSB Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Yadnad said:
    RachelSB said:
    It would be up to a court to decide in the end if she is anxious or not.
    DWP have as yet never risked the discrimination case though and will grant extra time.
    Taking the DWP to a discrimination tribunal??

Yes, that was how the rule came about.

• RachelSB
    RachelSB Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    edited October 2018
    Yadnad said:
    RachelSB said:
    a good friend once told me “when faced with bullies, the trick is to find a bigger bully”. Find someone who can kick DWP back to reality.
    That is poor advice and likely to land you in serious bother.
    To deal with a bully is to walk away and not give them the time of day.

Using your method reminds me when I was 14 in the early 60's. I had to put up with bullying at school for 4 years. I walked away,
    However it came to a head one day when I turned round and smacked him just the once across the jaw which went with a crack!
    Poor lad was wired up for months.

I was called into the head for causing the lad serious damage for no apparent reason. My excuses fell on deaf ears. I was warned that one more antic like that and I would be out of school permanently.

To clarify, I am referring to getting Advice and help from professional and legal advice.  Rather than physically assaulting people.
  • annie62
    annie62 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    annie62 said:
    I went through one if the most traumatic 1 1/2 hours of my life on Friday 28 September, I came out feeling very traumertised and it has made my anxiety far worse and my mental  has plummeted to new lows.
    I received a letter today telling me I would not be getting PIP quote’I did not appear anxious or worried’ despite the fact that I couldnt even wait in the waiting area and was told by the assesor I had done really well considering my levels of anxiety. Don’t know where to turn really am am concerned this will effect my ESA claim for which i am in the support group.
    I woukd appreciate any advice 
    thank you 
    Annie 

• annie62
    annie62 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Thank you everyone for your advice I need to dig deep and try and appeal this 
    Annie x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.