DWP reviewing my claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP reviewing my claim

Options
kaia
kaia Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,good morning,so after the high court ruling regarding pip mobility for pip and mental health and planning journeys,has anyone had a letter from d w p. To say they are reviewing your claim,was awarded only 4 points mobility in 2016 my mp has said I shall be reviewed but not heard a dickie.thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

DWP will eventually look at the awards with decisions made after 28th November 2016. When this will happen is anyone's guess because there's 1000's of claims to look through and it could take a very long time. I haven't heard of anyone being awarded backdated money yet because of this.

If your decision was made before that date then they will not be looking at your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kaia
    Options
    Thank you poppy,my award was made 16th November 2016.and Sarah newton wrote to my mp and said yes I will be reviewed,you said if a decision was made before that date it won't be looked at,so I'm confused now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kaia said:
    Thank you poppy,my award was made 16th November 2016.and Sarah newton wrote to my mp and said yes I will be reviewed,you said if a decision was made before that date it won't be looked at,so I'm confused now.
    I'm not sure how an MP could help here. Stated here in this link that those decisions made before 28th November 2016 will not be looked at.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kaia
    Options
    I had a letter from the minister herself,and also from d w p any one who who only got daily living will be reviewed and the date 28th 2016 means that's the cut of for the backdating legally,it can't go back further.so yes it's right I thought I had misplaced the letter,found it 20 mins ago.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.