Possible to request a quicker assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Possible to request a quicker assessment?

MatthewN
MatthewN Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello. I'm Matthew, a new member. I have hydrocephalus (weakness down my right-hand side), a stutter and OCD. I applied for ESA in May (only because it was my last chance due to the abolition of the benefit), and on Saturday received a letter notifying me of my assessment date (three weeks tomorrow). Unfortunately the OCD is causing me to feel worried (can't enjoy hobbies etc) and is affecting sleep quality and length. Is there a possibility of getting the DWP to bring the assessment date forward? Don't think I can handle another three weeks of this (possibly even longer if you factor in the probability of a "fit for work" outcome, and then the appeal process). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    @MathewN I can not see why not give them a call and see what they say can not hurt 
  • MatthewN
    Thanks for the reply "topshoes".

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,337 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Please be aware that you can only cancel 1 appointment so if you cancel this one you won't be able to cancel another. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MatthewN
    edited December 2018
    Hello everybody. I just thought I'd provide you with an update. I had the assessment (the build-up to and immediate aftermath of which was nerve-racking), and received the decision letter today - support group. I'm pleased that it's all over with, because the worry was unbearable. Thanks for your help.
  • MatthewN
    MatthewN said:
    Hello everybody. I just thought I'd provide you with an update. I had the assessment (the build-up to and immediate aftermath of which was nerve-racking), and received the decision letter today - support group. I'm pleased that it's all over with, because the worry was unbearable. Thanks for your help.
    "Were nerve-racking" I meant.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.