PIP Sucess — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Sucess

Options
niknoo
niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
I’ve just got my decision letter and been awarded enchanted on both until 2021 with review in 2020, I’m not worried about review as even without the points for my mental health (which is the only reason I am being reviewed in case I get better) I still have enough points to award me enhanced on both and next review I will be asking for a longer award as my physical disabilities will be with me for life. 
My transfer from DLA has gone very smoothly, the assessor himself was so nice and the report is a honest and accurate reflection of what was said during the assessment. 
The only complaint I have is the timescale and the length of it (not good for someone with anxiety!) but other than that I can honestly say it’s was nothing like I was expecting! I may be one of the lucky ones or maybe these pip assessments are getting better?
But I hope my success stories give other people hope, as it is very daunting. 
Thanks to all members who have listened to me ramble on, given me advice and just helped me trough the process. 
Love to all ❤️❤️

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Im confused if you get pip surely that means you can only walk 20 mts
    So that women the other day who said gors to work ...and a few other things how can she get pip when she can walk alot more than 20 mts???
    Any idea folk
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Misscleo said:
    Im confused if you get pip surely that means you can only walk 20 mts
    So that women the other day who said gors to work ...and a few other things how can she get pip when she can walk alot more than 20 mts???
    Any idea folk
    Quite simple really. The 20 metre test for PIP is not that you cannot ever walk more than that distance, but that for the majority of days you can't. In addition and using the reliability factor you can be deemed not to be able to walk that distance.

I was awarded Enhanced Mobility PIP twice (2013 and 2015), I readily admitted that I can and do walk for up to a mile at a time. But it is the manner in how I walk that distance. With multiple stops along the way to rest and the time it takes to get there. When completed I am literally worn out and could not do it again the same day. Then there are other days that it hurts too much to walk a metre or two. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.