Pip waiting times. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip waiting times.

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Gwendoline1 Your missing the point re ESA?

I will try and explain it a bit better. Once you sent and filled in your ESA form back to DWP/Maximus. How long after till you got a letter asking you to go for an assessment with a HCP at home or attend assessment centre. 

Not asking for ESA85/PIP PA3 or PA4 reports etc... I know how that all works.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    I do apologise, I’m relatively new to the benefit system,so form numbers and letters are like a foreign language to me. 
    The length of time from my completed esa form, until asking me to attend my assessment date was approximately 7 months. The assessment date was 2 weeks later from the letter arriving at my home. I attended my assessment at a annex besides a hospital 25 miles away.
    This time I had a physiotherapist ( strangely I also had a physio at my pip ) this was for me a perfect choice, she understood the larger part of my disabilities,was very understanding, unlike my first one.My assessment last approximately 20 mins and as already stated was very quick for my decision letter. 
    I hope I’ve helped with what you’ve wanted to know and again my apologies for my misunderstanding.?
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Gwendoline1 Thanks for the fine Analysis. :)

Yes indeed that's spot on. But took 7 months to get an assessment after sending forms back?

Looks like a long wait then till I might have to have one. Jesus I knew there's a backlog. But 7 months. 5 and half months wait for me at least then. :'(:'(:'(:'(

I wont be going to assessment anyway I will carry on saving till then anyway.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Gwendoline1
    Glad I could help! ??
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Well, a new fresh wk, i wonder if any of us will get a decision this wk?? fingers crossed ??
  • Gwendoline1
    Hahaha, you are very positive this morning! 
    Ive got everything crossed and believe me it’s painful ? hahaha. Again luck ???
  • baggsali
    baggsali Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    My sons took 17 weeks from start to finish they don’t rush even after they have received the report 
  • rayrar80
    I dont know why they sent a text when they recieved the report back saying i will hear within 4 wks, when its obviously not true. Its not half annoying too when u call up for an update and they have a different story to tell each time ?
  • Gwendoline1
    That’s such a pain. You’ve said that ‘ I will hear in 4 wks’ and that it’s ‘When it’s obviously not true,’quite correct, I had my ‘ you’ll hear in 4 wks ‘ on a  letter that was dated 21st June just over 5 and a half weeks ago. It’s crazy, the customer service staff seem to make stories up as they go along. I’d feel a little more at ease if they simply said something like ‘ sorry there’s a mass backlog and I’m unable  to give you a time because I simply don’t know as I’m not privy to that information. Crazy, I’m resigned to I’ll hear at some point.???
  • rayrar80
    Just a quick update, looks like my son has been accepted for pip as quite a bit of backpay has gone into the bank. looks like the decision maker has gone with what is on the report, thanks to everyone who has replied and hope you hear something very soon and it is good news.
  • Gwendoline1
    Morning rayrar, that’s absolutely brilliant, well done! Let you know when I have decision. Again a massive well done ?????
  • rayrar80
    Thanks Gwendoline, hope everything goes well for you, and yes do keep me updated, i have everything crossed for you Xx
  • Gwendoline1
    Thanks rayrar!?
  • michelleth64
    michelleth64 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    i Get pip for my PTSD and schizophrenia lower rate I’ve now been told I’ve got osteoarthritis in my knees and need full knee replacements also arthritis in my hands very swollen and painfull I’ve applied for mobility pip I went for my f2f assessment 18thjune got a letter dated 4th September saying they now have all info needed I’m still waiting 17weeks and counting is this right
  • Mandy58
    Mandy58 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    OMG THIS IS MENTAL ILLNESS 
  • michelleth64
    I phoned last week and apparently their looking at both my claims
  • Mandy58
    Hope you get great news soon.
  • michelleth64
    Phoned again still with Dm 18weeks and counting 
  • Mandy58
    Mental tortured 
  • michelleth64
    Apparently I've got 2 discrepancy questions so they have contacted assessor again waiting to hear back Haven't a clue what's going on 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.