Are the walking distances of pip supposed to be with or without walking pain? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are the walking distances of pip supposed to be with or without walking pain?

Options
mendipmark
mendipmark Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
I dont believe enough was made of my comments and additional information as I put honestly that I could walk a maximum 50 meters in one stint but every step hurt at times a lot. I also explained what conditions I have. I asked for mandatory reconsideration on grounds of this and that I have a database of disabled parking bays on my sat nav. Comments came back that were copied from the original findings so I couldnt go to appeal on this basis. 

Should pain be taken into account? If so where is the law for this? Can I launch an appeal or do I have to go through the application process to have my case reconsidered?

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,054 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It will help to know which benefit you're talking about, is it PIP or ESA or maybe even Universal credit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I see by your thread title that it's PIP. Firstly a database of disabled parking bays on your sat nav will not help your claim for PIP because this is not classed as evidence. Explaining what conditions you have is the best thing to do either, you need to explain how your conditions affect you because PIP isn't about a diagnosis.

As you're MR decision remained the same your next step is Tribunal and you have 28 days to request this. You need to fill out the SSCS1 form and send your MR decision letter with this. If you don't send the MR decision letter with the form the Tribunal will refuse your appeal.

Did you send evidence to support your claim? They rarely contact anyone for this and the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to prove those descriptors apply to you. It's not their responsibility to prove that.

I'd advice you to get some help with the Tribunal process and contact either your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mendipmark
    mendipmark Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks. I think I have to go through the process again. You have confirmed some stuff ive already discovered.

I have sent them huge amounts of extra information. 

Mark
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the MR decision remained the same then Tribunal is your next step. Starting another claim is not advised because using the same evidence again and doing exactly the same as you did this time will most likely see you being refused again. Tribunal request within 28 days of the MR decision is the only way. 71% of those who appear in person have a decision in their favour.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.