His care and support is being cut — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

His care and support is being cut

Options
RichardGold
RichardGold Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I am lipreader for my client and palm alphabet his palm. GB his Sevier blind deaf, mute. epilepsy internal problems liquidise food wheelchair. GB his taken out to mix with his friends at the deaf-blind sensory community hall. 4 hrs Mon - Thur the social service knows GB needs 24hr care but due to the cuts GB cannot go without paying £540.77 with travel expenses £38 a month. GB, as to go weekly on a train to the other end of the country, see one professor this £106.00 for GB and care to support a week. Every month GB Catches the other train opposite £134 with support. He as a card too keep the price down the visits are tested to keep GB alive. with a special diet with high priced food bill. No allowance he can no longer afford to go out because the support as now been cut. With lack of support, this was is only communications that he could get to meet up which now the support is finished due to the cuts and prices he has to pay out. If he paid he would get himself in debt so forced and cut off from his friends. The cab said the government have implemented these cuts. Is the right to not get a service for a man with complex issues. He as further expenses to pat out but the county does not want to know of this situation. They say he has a small pension but they don't see it as all gone paying for everything. For me, I have been given orders to leave onto the other client but felt it right before I go you know that [name removed by moderator] at county council will not listen. The man who's lost in tomb          

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @RichardGold   Pleased to meet you.  Thank you for sharing and please may I add bringing this story to our attention.

As a community member I live on my own and am all the time concerned not only for myself but others like your client.

I am in my early fifties and have had many friends like your clients. Whom I have tried to support. I am disabled and mentally ill .

Yet my calling and striving even arguing with those in authority who have the power to cause damage and much harm. and the like to fight for every time. What is needed to live a basic life.

Not only for my friends but asking pleading for the system to stop hurting the vulnerable.

I am a community champion one of a number on the forum and I have come across stories like your client before.

All I can add having been in a friends kitchen making him breakfast in my sweats with my jim jams underneath. Having no time for bath or shave because my friend needed me . All because the support also did not turn up.

Finding out that your friends are paying excessive charges and monies for what.  Some  have nothing to live on and the companies or council are demanding that they want a service then they have to pay.

Understand this hurts me because I ended up having to say no to people who were friends and losing them because the council could not provide adequate care.

Too many arguments, shouting and trying to reason with people which had no understanding. Comprehend what is happening to them.

I am a Christian and doing all I can. So that is my story.

As I age disgracefully my anxiety is the future. Not only me but as I said many of our community. As my disability gets worse and my mental health.

Wanted recently my friend to be my carer. Unfortunately the powers that be have told me will effect my benefits. So when I get ill or have  issues have to struggle on.  If I have to pay out of benefits.  To pay him so I will do that.  Already lost the car through PIP.

All I can say we understand as a community. Am here to listen anytime. Please ask if we can advise on anything.

Apologise long post just wanted to say your not alone with this.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How distressing, I am so sorry to hear your client is going through such a tough time.  Have the CAB been able to offer any other information or support?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • ellie_mae
    ellie_mae Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Are their any disability rights teams in your area, I found them very good.

Brightness