PIP waiting times? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP waiting times?

winky1234
winky1234 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi am in northern ireland just after my face to face app. Be 2 weeks now friday coming so long wait will be 3 months next week can you ring up will they tell you over phone long game

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Hi @winky1234 welcome to the community!

It can take between six to eight weeks for a decision on your PIP claim to be made following an assessment. If you ever want to find out more about the status of your claim, then you can contact the PIP helpline on 0800 121 4433.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • winky1234
    Ami2301 thanks for the info and help will be 3 months ion 24th oct coming unsure how all want hope its good news will keep yous all posted . Can i ask have you been awarded pip yet or have it thanks
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I was in receipt of PIP enhanced rates on both components until early this year, only stopped because I have been in hospital longer than 28 days but it will resume when I am home.

I think the waiting time varies due to their backlog, I do hope you receive the awards you need!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • winky1234
    Thats mad stoping your pip because your in hosp ! Wot part of the country you from ? Yes alot of ones saying pip really hard to get on to compared to D.L.a i suffer from a few health problems for past 5 years its got worse will keep checking on postman lol
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is always affected if you go into hospital for more than 28 days, whether you live in UK or N.Ireland, unless you're under the age of 18 and then it continues.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • winky1234
    Its a joke being honest its not our fault !@ poppy123456
  • winky1234
    Hi ami / poppy how long did it both take for yours after the face to face app ?
  • poppy123456
    2 weeks the first time and 5 days with my review. My daughters took 6 weeks, almost. All areas are different but i'm in the UK, i have no idea what waiting times are like in N. Ireland.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • winky1234
    Now 2 weeks no bad well lot ones sayed depends if enough paper work to back you up well mines be 2 weeks friday coming 
  • winky1234
    Still no post see lot of ones saying they have been to bank and some of money has been put in ? And takes 10 days for letter is this true any one sorry for all these post
  • poppy123456
    As it's only been 2 weeks since your assessment then it can take 8 weeks or more for a decision and that's here in the UK, i have no idea what the timescales are like in Northern Ireland. I know it's frustrating waiting but there's nothing you can do until the decision is made. Hopefully not too long now.
  • winky1234
    Yes i understand wot your saying but long wait for simple doc report and captial report which pip has 
  • poppy123456
    You're not the only person that's waiting for a decision, there's backlogs to think about too. There's most likey 1000's of other people just like you.
  • winky1234
    Yes probaley will just try and chill over thinking thanks
  • winky1234
    Rang up the day for wee check up woman sayed was handed over to decison makers  team so just waiting on them making the final outcome hope not to long now guys

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.