How long for tribunal acknowledgement? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for tribunal acknowledgement?

Dodster
Dodster Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

Have sent off my appeal to the Tribunal via special delivery and it has been received by the courts on 8/10/2017. So I was wondering if anyone know how long it take before you receive acknowledgment from the courts that they have start looking at my appeal.  

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, I am sorry to disappoint you if you where hoping for a quick and speedy result, there is no know time limit for a tribunal hearing date and can depend on the case load in your area at least you know they have the relevant papers to process the appeal.
  • Dodster
    Thanks for that, but I just wanted to know how long does it take for the Courts acknowledge the receipt on my appeal, as I have additional evidence from my Doctor, and didn't want to send it until I know my appeal has been set up on their systems.  
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    You will get a evidence pack from the DWP in the next 28 days which is a copy of the evidence they will use in your appeal 
    You can send any evidence to the court up to 14 days before your appeal
    once the court receive the DWP evidence pack the hearing will be listed then it is a waiting time of around a year before you get your date in court
  • Dodster
    Thank you Markboy
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I waited around 21 weeks for my court date. I am due to go on the 30th of this month.
    I received acknowledgement from courts about 3 weeks after i sent appeal in.
    Goodluck with your appeal.

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    I appealed to the Tribunal on 23rd January 2018. Received acknowledgement about 14 days later, with a warning that it would be at least 26 weeks before I received a hearing date. The DWP did not send in their response (referred to as an Evidence Bundle) until June of 2018, 6 months after I requested an appeal. During the second week of July I received a letter from HMCTS giving me a date for the Tribunal, one month hence, 16 August 2018. Thus, may I suggest you have all your ducks in row as soon as possible, and update as and when required, or new information becomes available. The rush to submit last minute paperwork to HMCTS before you hit the 14 day cutoff can be very stressful. Good Luck.

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.