pip reviews — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip reviews

Orchid22
Orchid22 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i am feeling really really anxious and worried i am waiting for a pip review in the post i have filled in the forms etc does anyone know how long this takes etc 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's not really any timescales. Some wait a couple of weeks for an assessment date and other wait months. It depends on backlog in your area. Expect another face to face assessment as most people have them, even for reviews. The process for a review is the same as the first time you applied. Did you send evidence to support your claim?

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Orchid22
    Hi  Poppy yes i sent a drs letter i was awarded until 2019 but this is a review
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end but the process is the same as before.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Orchid22
    My benefits have been stopped three times and each time i have had to go to a tribunal how stressful this is and i have won each time i just do not think i can keep going through this yet again
  • Orchid22
    The worry of it all is unbelievable i was left totally with nothing before money just stopped lies was said at assessment etc Mind helped me through these times i cannot thank them enough
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Orchid22 said:
    The worry of it all is unbelievable i was left totally with nothing before money just stopped lies was said at assessment etc Mind helped me through these times i cannot thank them enough
    Is the 'Mind' that you quoted the same as the Mind organisation for the mentally ill? Do they have welfare rights officers?

I have never even thought of them as a source of help - there is a thrift shop in my area.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Yadnad
    MIND are a mental health charity, they don't deal with benefits advice but they can offer support if the process of benefits is affecting your mental health.

You can find the MIND website here - they say:
    Our team provides information on a range of topics including:
    • types of mental health problems
    • where to get help
    • medication and alternative treatments
    • advocacy.
    We will look for details of help and support in your own area. 
    Contact us
    Our lines are open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays).
    0300 123 3393
    info@mind.org.uk
    Text: 86463
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Orchid22
    How are you getting on?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Orchid22
    Hi Sam thank you i called asking how long review takes they told me it can be up to 16 weeks i find this such an anxious time they told me they have received drs letter etc i cannot bear this it is awful as you do not no if they will stop money 
  • Orchid22
    I have had my benefits stopped three times now and i really cannot do this all again i won my tribunal each time i find it so embarrassing talking about certain things and doing this in front of a panel each time is not easy i just do not no what to do my friend says be patient do not go thinking bad things but i cannot help this 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

MIND do have or fund WR advice. It just depends on where you live. 
    Thanks Mike - it was something that I never thought of trying. We do have one of their thrift shops locally and I seem to remember that when they shut the NHS Mental Health Day Centre to turn it into a walk in clinic the staff did tell us that support and advice will be handled by MIND whilst treatment etc will be carried out within the community.

Suffice it to say that from that day to now no one has ever contacted me regarding on going treatment etc 'in the community'. I didn't fancy going to MIND and having to start from scratch with new people plus I was not too sure what it would be like.
    The Day Centre was a godsend. I used to spend 2/3 days a week there knowing that I was safe as well as giving my wife some time off from looking after me.

I will check them out in the morning.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.