ESA/Incapacity benefit Migration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/Incapacity benefit Migration

Macky47
Macky47 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
I am waiting for decision about possible backdated oaymepay/premiums. I receive ESA Contribution based, at present, I was contacted by DWP about possible backdated premiums back to 2013. They rang me 3september I filled out form over phone. They said it could take 8-12 weeks to make decision, i heard nothing yet, is this normal?. Also do you think I should contact them to see what is happening. 

Comments

• messedhead
    messedhead Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hey, I got the same letter today and just sent it back, don't know much about it only what I've seen on the news today, mine is also back dated to 6/6/13. I have read in a few places that only people who have been affected will receive this letter but tbh I'm not to sure if there is any truth to that.
  • mckd
    mckd Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi don't want to dis-hearten people, but i have been waiting since 24th july, thats when i had the phone call. 11 week now. Was told 12 week in the beginning, now they are saying there is no time scale because there are that many people. The wait continues!!!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

As they only rang you at the beginning of September and they said 8-12 weeks, it hasn't been that long yet. People are actually waiting 12 or more weeks to be assessed for the Income related top up. Backlogs are most likely big. There's nothing you can do until you hear from them, i know it's frustrating waiting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • messedhead
    messedhead Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Can anyone give any give any input about only people affected will get this letter?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    No because DWP wouldn't anyones specific circumstances. All those that transferred from IB to ESA and were placed onto Contributions based will receive a letter eventually.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.