3 pip assessments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

3 pip assessments

Crunchie93
Crunchie93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Has anyone thats changed from dla to pip had more than one f2f - i had my original f2f the beginning of last month then another 2 weeks ago and then got another letter through the post a couple of days ago to say l’ve got to have a third 

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    I would call DWP and ask why? Were the two previous assignments done by the same company? ATOS or CAPITA? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Ring the assessment providers not DWP because the assessments have nothing to do with DWP. The number will be at the top of the letter you received.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I have never heard of this to be honest.
  • Crunchie93
    Crunchie93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    No me neither - phoned the assessment centre earlier who said they had absolutely no idea
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you absolutely sure they are/were all for PIP and not ESA as well?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Crunchie93,

I have come across a rare occasion where a claimant had two face to face assessments but clear reasons were given that the decision maker wasn't happy with the outcome of the first one and wanted another one conducting, but three is ridiculous. What's the point of doing the first two if they want a third? You certainly need to make a phone call and ask for a full explanation of why they keep sending you for these. As Poppy has said, you may be having a ESA one as well as a PIP one.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.