Pip surspended since June 2018 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip surspended since June 2018

traceydee12
traceydee12 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi iv been on dla for 25 years had it for life due to many health conditions. .
I changed over to pip in Feb this year 2018... 
I was in so much pain I'm currently  on morphine. . Tramadol.  Cocodamol ..
Depression  and anxiety  . Panic attacks 
In February  I tried using weed to help with pain  was not keen on the idea but I gave it a go..
Wow it helped a lot .. with pain killers  and weed I found I was able to move around more freely  still in pain but msnagable  .. I felt  human again after staying in the house for weeks on end only going out by car for appointments.
Any way after a few weeks I decided after picking up the caurrage  to wonder out by public transport  not on my own as I wasn't confidant  enough  to to my anxiety. . I found I was able to go out for around 2 hours with out survier  pain .
Any way I got reported saying iv had an improvement  and no longer need pip..
I was sent for an interview under caution  in June where they had video evedidence  of me walking to the bus stop .. with my sister I didn't have my stick as I had just had a cast fitted to my foot and an opp on my arm and my other arm I had trapped  nurve  and was unable to use it .. I had taken my norm meds and smoked 2 week fags ..
I pleaded my case and explained I was on weed to help with the pain . Also explained it didn't last long and then I was ill n sick after that.. 
Any how nxt day I rec letter  day pip had need suspended  until further notice ..
My motability car had to go bck as no payments where being made.
Iv rang so many times to find out what's going on .. they tell me still with dission  maker  .. then I was told it's been with them since July. . Then they say it's a new person learning the ropes .
 Every time they told me I would hear in a few weeks .. I can't sleep iv list 2 stone in weight .. 
I no longer use weed as I can't afford too. So I'm bck to square one..
I took out a cooker and washer which I paid for as I had the extra money from my pip.. which are being taken bck nxt week .. I'm in such a mess ... and they don't seem to care .. I last ranges  up .  2 weeks ago and was told there is a message on my file saying .. if I ring again to tell me when they have made a dission  they will wright to me .. and there is no need for me to keep ringing 
I feel like I can take more I'm house bound.. again .. I will have no cooker or washer by end of nxt week ...
My dipression  is so bad I won't answer my phone.. open my curtains  or answer my door. . I just don't want to be here any more ...
Is it normal for them to totally  ignore your request  to hurry up because it's making me so I'll 
Sorry to have gone on a bit 
I'm just trying to get  answers  and I'm desperate for help ..

Comments

• JACY
    JACY Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    This is awful for you. I have heard this story so often. Iv been on dla for over 30 years now which I received for life. I’ve just received my letter from pip to ring b4 26month and I’m scared silly as know 6 ppl who have all been refused ad hav had reductions wen they ask for a review. This is the only money I have coming in to the house. I can hardly pay my bills with it as it is without getting it reduced or refused  
  • traceydee12
    I was given dla for life 
    And that was the only  spare income I has to help me live day to day as I had a Gardner .. he goods .. hair done every month. . But now I just get esa low reduced rate I can't even afford food I'm having to use food Bank every week now  it's awful .. I feel like giving up I can't see no light at the end of the tunnel x
  • traceydee12
    Yes interview  under caution
    I told them  the truth I was only able to go out because of the weed .. and it wasn't every day only 3 4 times every 2 weeks if that 
    Went with my son who is my carer 
  • traceydee12
    Just an update I rang pip again this morning 
    Was put through to a case working ... she tells me that there has been nothing added to my file since July and I would have to make a new claim and have another assessment. . THAT'S BULL
     I think they have lost my claim and trying to cover them selves 
    I already have a claim just waiting for the decision  I explained.. she replied nothing they can do and will send me a new form out ...
    Is this correct  or am I still been given the run around 
    Please help xx
  • traceydee12
    Iv been told today iv been disallowed so I'm now looking for work 
    I don't have the energy  to keep fighting ... and my axiaty  is to bad to keep trying 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    look for work? PIP isn't about working, people claim PIP and work. I think you need to have legal advice and speak to an expert.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Hey u need to seek legal advice ASAP and write a letter to them, am currently writing notice of action which they replied with by 26 days u must fight this otherwise u will lose everything 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.