Dwp are deluded — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp are deluded

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Pip Mr letter Monday wasn't started today I been refused my lawyer not happy they haven't even looked am entitled to full rates am staying strong they are hidious even the assessment was bad enough. Monday I was close to taking overdose and self harming I been talking to scope today 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear this. Only 17% of MR decisions change so most people have to take it to Tribunal. You have a 71% chance of a decision in your favour if you appear in person at your hearing, so much higher chance. Only problem is, is that the waiting times are huge and a lot are waiting at least a year for a date. Good luck and stay strong.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Sam12, not being difficult, but can you clarify what has actually happened. This forum offers a lot of support, and considerable expert advice. However, the more information provided will elicit a more informed opinion. Good luck 
    Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. 
  • sam12
    Dwp told me to chase up pip they said not been seen yet Mr on Monday then they posted me a letter on Wed I got Thursday denied me it I have proof of my illnesses my lawyer filed a case. Assessment was bad they said if u don't like life why u still here what stopping u from goin I think going b more deaths like death penalty this the dwp I think people would agree
  • pound1234
    pound1234 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi Sam I’ve just had. Home vist from pip I dint ask for home vist I suffer with my mental health I got awarded highest rate on everthing ..I don’t want to be nosey but is your pip for mental health if so I can give you some tips if you need them I got them from a charity that help me if u need any help please leve a message under her or if u can send me a price message on her big hugs x

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    There is no secret answer to getting a good PIP result it might of worked for you but every case is judged on it's merits 
  • Carolineo
    Carolineo Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Hi pound1234 
    sorry to interrupt my son has mental health issues and is due is pip assessment soon any tips would be appreciated I don’t no ow to message u 
    thanks 
    carolineo
  • Abbie
    Abbie Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hi there, I have epilepsy, and it was so hard for me to get PIP. I was on DLA until they changed it but they refused me PIP originally. I had to fight hard to get it. Epilepsy is one of the disabilities that is least likely to be given the benefit it is entitled to, because it is unseen, apart from mental illness. So I can highly appreciate your situation. I was told that the way forward is not to say what you can do, but what you can't do. Like.....
    "I have to have someone else to help me otherwise I can't cook a meal" not, 
    "I can cook a meal, but I would be better off with another person with me". 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @sam12,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with PIP. It sounds like a really tough time for you at the moment.

Have you considered appealing to a tribunal?
    Liam
  • Abbie
    Tribunals can be good, yes, the only thing is they will take from three - six months for a date to be set. 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    More like 12 months
  • Abbie
    Ah they've extended it...... 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    sam12 said:
     they said if u don't like life why u still here what stopping u from goin 
    I have had that phrase asked of me by a psychiatrist. They ask that to establish why, intent, (real or otherwise) and how.

At one of my past visits I said I would and when I explained how (overdose of Morphine for which I held a substantial stock at home) I was whisked away with my CPN in a taxi never to see the outside world for the next 30 days! Eventually I was released into the care of my wife
  • fluffy84
    fluffy84 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Sam,

I am so sorry to hear about this awful time. I do help that you are getting some support and help and I would strongly urge you not to overdose or self harm. There are so many people who want to help you. 

Claiming for PIP, in my experience, is a stressful and upsetting process. I am devastated about this and I truly hope to make a difference to this - at some point (It's not an easy thing!). I am truly disgusted by the DWP and their management of benefits for disabled people. 

I'm not sure at what stage you are at with all of this but If you have been refused, or given a lesser award than you think is appropriate, I would strongly advise you to appeal it and then take it to tribunal. Its a long drawn out and at times stressful process but in our case it was successful and if you are awarded a higher amount you will be back paid from your initial application. 

I hope this helps a bit. Feel free to ask for more advice. 
    Well done for reaching out to others and please continue to do so. 

I do hope that you will get the help that you need.
    x
  • sam12
    Got a highly skilled lawyer done mr and dwp told me to chase it up 3 times saying nit been look3d at yet in Monday i get letter no change of decision i have high medical evidence lawyer not happy this has happened she filed a case against dwp resdy 4  tribunal. Like death waiting on us all. I get low pip mob decision was over turned am. I should get both full rates so back pay big enough to enjoy 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.