I am getting high-rate ESA. Will I get some money back? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am getting high-rate ESA. Will I get some money back?

Big_loz
Big_loz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello i dont understand what is going on is it the low rate off esa or is it both rates high and lower rates i am getting high rate so will i get some money back ? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Big_loz welcome to the community!

I am unsure however there are very knowledgeable members in the community who will be in contact with you soon to advise.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Big_loz,

Welcome to Scope's online community! :)

When you say about getting money back, do you mean regarding the recent ESA underpayments that were announced recently? 

If so, the Government has published a document on the ESA underpayments which might be of interest to you. They say:
    "Largely between January 2011 and October 2014 some people receiving Incapacity Benefit and Severe Disablement Allowance had their claims converted to contributory ESA. However, the possibility of whether they may also have been entitled to income-related ESA was not considered for all cases. This means they may have missed out on the payment of premiums, such as the Enhanced Disability Premium."

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any other questions!

Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Big_loz said:
    hello i dont understand what is going on is it the low rate off esa or is it both rates high and lower rates i am getting high rate so will i get some money back ? 
    HI,

Mostly those that transferred from Incapacity benefit, so highly unlikely with that information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.