ESA3(IBR) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA3(IBR)

fruitloops
fruitloops Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi, I recently received this form to fill out regarding the past 6 years. I notice other people on this forum say they had to send bank statements in with theirs. Mine did not have any request for documents. Is this normal? Does everyone get asked to send in bank statements 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi fruitloops, the DWP would ask for bank statements if you have had capital over £5500 over the period they are looking at (capital will effect ESA at £6000 or over).  They may also ask these if you indicate that you have had capital above or close to this amount in the relevant period even if not now.  If you have bank statements for that period you could send them to avoid any further possible delays, but you may not need to if you have never had capital any where near that figure.  The forms generally indicate a requirement to provide them where there is capital over £5500, but this is quite an unusual situation with such large periods being considered for the backdate. Sending them in may avoid further delay.
    The Benefits Training Co:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You only need to send what they ask for, if they haven't asked for them then don't send them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fruitloops
    Hi fruitloops, the DWP would ask for bank statements if you have had capital over £5500 over the period they are looking at (capital will effect ESA at £6000 or over).  They may also ask these if you indicate that you have had capital above or close to this amount in the relevant period even if not now.  If you have bank statements for that period you could send them to avoid any further possible delays, but you may not need to if you have never had capital any where near that figure.  The forms generally indicate a requirement to provide them where there is capital over £5500, but this is quite an unusual situation with such large periods being considered for the backdate. Sending them in may avoid further delay.
    The form is regarding the past 5 years so in the box about capital what do you put? The average or the highest it’s ever been? Slightly confusing? Thank you for your help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't put the average, put the highest. Income related ESA is means tested and capital/savings affect this. £1 for every £250 over £6,000. Anything £16,000 and over then you're not entitled to means tested benefits. The form you're filling in is to assess your whole circumstances in those 5 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fruitloops
    Don't put the average, put the highest. Income related ESA is means tested and capital/savings affect this. £1 for every £250 over £6,000. Anything £16,000 and over then you're not entitled to means tested benefits. The form you're filling in is to assess your whole circumstances in those 5 years.
    Thank you so much x
  • jakki31
    jakki31 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi I was wondering if someone can help. What it is I've been put on contributed esa in 2014 received a letter in Oct 2018 saying they need to look at my claim to see if I'm for income related esa so I've been waiting since then and only yesterday 2 April I received a normal esa letter saying they have payed me 2k I was wondering is that the income related esa or just my standard esa I'm confused it doesn't say on the letter that it's income related if someone has the same is it going to be two separate payments?  Thanks ?
  • Andria
    Andria Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    hi, I recently received this form to fill out regarding the past 6 years. I notice other people on this forum say they had to send bank statements in with theirs. Mine did not have any request for documents. Is this normal? Does everyone get asked to send in bank statements 
    The first time I was seen by Job Centre, I was asked to bring bank Statements. I am not sure if it is legal as the bank themself was not happy to hand the statements to them BUT It looks like they are looking for evidence of any other income

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.