Finding the new PIP benefit application process overwhelming — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding the new PIP benefit application process overwhelming

Ianjlumsden
Ianjlumsden Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello i am sorry if i am a little bit nervous as i am finding the new P.I.P benefit application process quite overwhelming.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ianjlumsden welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this, what stage of the process are you at? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Ianjlumsden   Pleased to meet you.

Sorry what you are going through.  You have come to the right place for anything you need to know.

Citizens advice have a question by question guide to filling in a  PIP claim form.  on their website which you might find useful.

I would suggest contact your local CAB.  They can help with form filling in and have expertise and knowledge.

Understand the anxiety.  We as a community are here to support you any way which we can.

We are friendly so please ask.

Hope that helps.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • sophialob
    sophialob Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Hi @Ianjlumsden welcome to the community! I hope you find a source of comfort and help from us all here :smile:
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Ianjlumsden,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here. :)

The Citizens Advice page which @thespiceman links to above is a handy resource which you might find useful. We also have lots of information about PIP on our website which may be of interest to you to.

I've also moved this post into our PIP, DLA and AA category, so other members can offer advice and support.

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any other questions and if we can help in any way!
    Liam
  • fluffy84
    fluffy84 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Please do ask for help. It is a really difficult process but can be negotiated with support. 

Many people on here have been through it and have lots of advice - me included! 

Ask, Ask, Ask!

xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.