My son wants to do some bar work. Will he lose his ESA or is he allowed to do this? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son wants to do some bar work. Will he lose his ESA or is he allowed to do this?

leaw
leaw Community member Posts: 2 Listener

my son gets ESA support group and is on  income based ESA. he wants to do some bar work under 16 hours once a week and will earn £60 a week.

will he loose his ESA or is he allowed to do this

Comments

• leaw
    leaw Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    does any one know?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leaw welcome to the community!

I am unsure however there are very knowledgeable members in the community who will be in contact with you soon to advise.

Please let us know if you need any further help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @leaw,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board as a member. :)

Citizens Advice have a useful page about work you can do while getting ESA which you may find useful, and Scope also has a lot of information about ESA on our website too which might be of interest to you.

I've also moved this post into our ESA category, so other members of our community can offer advice and support.

I hope this helps, and do let us know if you have any other questions!
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You can do permitted work while claiming ESA providing it's under 16 hours per week and earn no more than £125.50 per week, he will need permission from DWP before starting the work. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Permitted-Work-Rules

As long as the work he does doesn't contradict his reasons for claiming ESA then it will be fine.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.