I received my notification letter today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I received my notification letter today

Topkitten
Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
I think it's good news. I must admit to only quickly looking at it and also getting confused by another letter that arrived but I seem to have been awarded Standard rate care and Enhanced rate mobility. It states numbers but I haven't checked those yet because I got a second letter that seems to be reinstating my ESA. I used to get ESA but when mum's estate was sorted the money meant I no longer qualified. However, even that was confusing because I still got a payment from them due to years worked, I think. I don't understand why ESA would now be reinstated but am really too ill today to try to figure anything out.

I think basically it's good news but with things to sort out to complicate matters.

TK
"I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Comments

• Topkitten
    Apologies. I got a timeout but apparently it posted anyway. Not realising this I posted again so this is superfluous and can be deleted.
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done Topkitten, as long as you got your award which you expected to be awarded, to many expect more.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Good news, it can happen
  • Topkitten
    I didn't look at the length. Just checked and it's from November 2018 to September 2022 so almost 4 years which, I guess, isn't that bad. At least I can forget about it for now.

TK
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Topkitten
    I am not sure I want to rock the boat right now @Username_removed as I suspect the ESA change is wrong and I will have to get that sorted. Plus I must get some financial problems resolved and also decide on whether it is worth keeping the car any more. I have too much to sort out and have been dealing with it by just putting letters on top of the pile without doing anything. Is there a set period to request an MR?

TK
  • Scooot09XXX
    Scooot09XXX Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    Well done top kitten ive still not heard anything but been 5 weeks nearly so fingers crossed 
  • Topkitten
    My application was texted to me as being in on June 21st and I have a f2f after 12 or 13 weeks and received the decision on October 18th so don't expect a quick response, lol! Hope it goes well for you though @Scooot09XXX

TK
  • LadyF
    LadyF Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Great news Topkitten, glad it seems to be sorted now. I totally understand that when you are ill it all seems too much , even when it’s good news! I too suffer from depression and anxiety in addition to some physical disabilities and was told the same as you that PIP was not for mental health issues even though this was the main problem for me. If anyone reading this has the same problem, I would recommend they use the Citizen’s Advice website guide to filling up the PIP form for this situation. It goes through it question by question. It took for ever but was worth it in the end and has helped me pay to go to appointments to improve my mental and physical health which I couldn’t do before,as I was struggling to get out of the house. I am now in a much stronger position mentally and hope to be starting voluntary work soon. Small steps and who knows where it will lead?! What the assessors need to realise is that poor mental health can cause just as much physical problems( like unable to shower, cook, eat, leave the house etc) as physical 
    disabilities.
  • LadyF
    LadyF Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Sorry me again! I wanted to add that I only became officially disabled recently( even though I have suffered chronic mental illness for over 30 years) as a result of cancer treatment and Macmillan were a big help as well with application of benefits etc.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    LadyF said:
     I am now in a much stronger position mentally and hope to be starting voluntary work soon.
    Like you I too have mental health issues but the DWP saw fit to say I can't have.
    You mention that you are looking to do some voluntary work. Not too sure if you are receiving PIP but be careful. One of the reasons why I failed three times for my PIP although the DWP granted it for the first two only on MR, was because I had explained to the assessor and on the PIP2 forms how better I felt by doing voluntary work 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.