I feel so impotent with all these lies from PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel so impotent with all these lies from PIP

pitu
pitu Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi everyone
I received a letter yesterday telling me my change from DLA to PIP has been denied.
I can't believe the nerve of the assessor fabricating things I never said. I had a friend with me during the whole assessment.
I've read you can ask them to reconsider and also put a complaint against this vile woman. Can someone help me please I feel so overwhelmed by it all, I  don't have a psychiatrist at the moment as I didn't get the letters they say were sent for my appointments and my support worker is on naternity leave so I'm alone with no help to mend this and now I have been discharged, I tried the GP in case they could help and he told me PIP is not for people with anxiety and depression and refuse to write it. 
Please help me fight this, I  feel so small and humiliated.

Thank you all. Xxx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily that matters. It maybe time to find another GP, if my GP said that to me then i'd have changed GPs a long time ago.

You now have 28 days to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you need to put this in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and why. Avoid mentioning the lies you say are stated in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. Any evidence you have to support your claim should be sent with the MR request letter because they rarely contact anyone for this. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim and to prove those descriptors apply to you. It's not their job to prove you qualify.

I would leave making that complaint for now, until after you've written the MR request letter. Concentrate on this first and then complain to the health assessment providers about your report, at a later date.

I would advice you to get expert help with the MR and Tribunal, if you get that far and most do. Contact your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I tried the GP in case they could help and he told me PIP is not for people with anxiety and depression and refuse to write it. 

if my GP said that to me then i'd have changed GPs a long time ago.

I don't understand what you expect from your GP. For a start they are allowed to refuse to write anything that isn't mandatory within their contract with the NHS. Writing letters relating to a benefit problem is not what a GP is there for. Some will do it, others won't - surely you have a better relationship with your GP than to dump them because they refuse such a request?

In fact some GP's will tell you that they know nothing about the benefit system - would you really expect them to?

Or is the answer much simpler - get rid of a good GP for the sole reason that they will not comply with what you want from them?

I might not see my GP as often as I should do for my health problems but overall they have looked after me when I did need help. I wouldn't want to put them in a situation of having to say no to doing something for me that wasn't a health reason.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate a mandatory reconsideration submission letter 

PIP is awarded for how your conditions affect your daily living and mobility and must apply at least 4 days out of 7.

Disability Rights site has a good guide to PIP appeals
  • pitu
    I never see the same GP and it was the first time I meet him, I do understand that they can refuse, but I don't think he should dismiss people with mental health issues so lightly like it's  something made up.

My question is I think I  don't have time to try and contact someone to write a letter for me to enclose in the letter, can I send it on a later date if I manage to get one? 

My anxiety is up to the roof and I feel I don't know what to do or who to contact for help, I  just found this website yesterday, and hoped someone would help me as I read some posts and I felt it was so nice people supporting each other.
      thank you
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pitu, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your PIP outcome, and I'm glad to see you've had some good advice from other members. Do check out the AdviceNow tool Matilda mentioned above, and Scope's guidance on DWP appeals may also help. Have a read, and do come back to us with any questions.
  • pitu
    @Pippa_Scope Thank you so much for answering, I want to explain further so maybe someone can point me in the right direction 
    I was awarded with DLA since 2012 and this year I was asked to apply for PIP.

I tried to get supporting evidence from a GP and was told that my psychiatrist had discharged me because I didn't attend the last 3 appointments, I was so shocked as I didn't receive any letter, I then asked him for a letter and he told me PIP is not meant for mental health problems and refuse to write anything, I felt so impotent and vulnerable. 
    My anxiety was so bad about this that my friend filled in the form and sent it for me, without any supporting evidence. 
    We went together to the assessment, the assessor was very apologetic for me having such a hard time as I was crying my eyes out and shaking all over.
    Now the decision has arrived and I have been awarded 0 points. And the explanation in the letter is full of lies.

I have managed to get in touch with my Occupational therapist as she's back from maternity leave and she has confirmed it was a mistake from them and the letters weren't even sent in the first place.

I called to let them know I was going to ask for reconsideration, I have to write the letter, I need to get supporting evidence but I don't know where to start, could you help me please?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @pitu

advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate an MR submission letter.  The tool prompts you with questions.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    You will have time to get the supporting letters you need and if you don’t you can send them later. It will probably end up at tribunal which can be a good thing as these are an independent panel . What your g p said is wrong and if I wax you I would see a different g p and try to get to know one g p if you can. I know it’s hard but it’s important to build a relationship with your g p and trust them with your health. My g p said the board had decided that they would not provide letters for pip until it got to appeal stage as it was taking up so much of their time. I got to appeal and he did a very good supporting letter and charged me thirty pounds. However, that aside there are other things you can do to provide supporting evidence and that’s what the links to other web sites help with.  One thing you can do to prepare us start keeping a diary of how your conditions affect you day to day in line with the pip descriptors. Do you get help with your mental health issues? You may get support from them with this process. If you don’t can you look into this? There are usually charitable organisations around who will help folks with m h issues and also agencies who will help with pip process such as cab and welfare rights. Good luck
  • pitu
    Thank you so much I'll look into it xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.