ESA tribunal and prescriptions. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA tribunal and prescriptions.

Options
BenjaminS9
BenjaminS9 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Good morning, 

I first and foremost apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I joined a week or so ago as I have got a date for my tribunal, despite being told I'd have to wait until March (mini victory there!) I'm off to the doctors this morning regarding a heap of issues and to get a letter of support from my GP. However due to some of the ongoing health issues I have a feeling I'll be prescribed something for the pain. 

I have previously argued against the DWP's decision for stopping my last claim and as such I'm not entitled to any money to get me by, with this being the case do I still have to pay for my prescriptions or can I still receive them for free?

Many thanks,
Benjamin

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As you're only receiving N.I credits towards your state pension then unfortunately, this doesn't entitle you to free prescriptions or dental etc. You can of course apply for the NHS low income scheme by filling out a form but this won't help with any prescriptions you have today, if you live in England. See link for low income scheme. https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-health-costs/nhs-low-income-scheme-lis/

If you live in Wales then that's a different story.

As for your Tribunal they will only take into consideration how you were when the decision made on this claim, any worsening of condition after that time doesn't apply. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.