Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

29thDecember
29thDecember Community member Posts: 3 Listener
My tribunal is 24 th of this month. I had a call from
CAB to say my assistant couldn't come with me. Can I ask for them to send another person. I am really anxious about going. My husband will be there as I need his assistance in my mobility. 

Comments

• 29thDecember
    29thDecember Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Last minute my CAB advisor says she cant attend my tribunal. Can u request anitber CAB advisor to assist. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm very surprised that someone from CAB was able to attend a Tribunal with you in the first place to be honest. Most CAB offices don't attend Tribunals anymore because of lack of funding. No harm in asking if someone else can attend with you though. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Hi @24December yes i think you will find yes they can send someone else if they got enough people , but you need to sort it out with them now to make sure 
  • topshoes
    edited October 2018
    the cab went and done mine thats why i said it , unless they have change, even picked her up in the car and dropped her back to town after , can not get better then that.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @29thDecember welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what has happened, fingers crossed it gets sorted and I wish you all the best for your tribunal! Let us know how you get on :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Not so much lack of funding as restrictions imposed by legal aid contracts. 
    I presume that that's to do with the fact that legal aid can no longer fund First Tier Tribunal hearings? They work on the premise that no one really needs any professional help at all with accessing benefits right up to and including the Tribunal hearing.

"People paying their taxes to fund professional advisors for other people wanting to maximise their benefit entitlements who have probably never paid tax in their lives". - as quoted in our local paper a few years back.
  • topshoes
    edited October 2018
    yes i can see where you are coming  from , how this country has changed over the years so sad for people who have work over the years , yes they think every one  has never work in there life so everyone is now put in the same boat .  thank you for that @Yadnad and @Username_removed   X
  • topshoes
     sorry Thank you @poppy123456 too x 

Brightness