PIP/DLA tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP/DLA tribunal

hyperzuk
hyperzuk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hyperzuk welcome to the community!

Would you mind tellimg us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • hyperzuk
    hyperzuk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I am frantically trying to help my Wife  deal with the loss of her DLA whilst applying for PIP.
    We had a very difficult and over assertive F2F  who twisted words, had it denied, and then the Mandatory Reconsideration which was also denied , 

Was going to jack it in when so many people have said "no" dont let them get away with it just like that, so I got a "goldust Appointment " with the CAB for this week and trying to put together an Appeal/Tribunal, havnt had much luck with them up till now??
    Im 73 and my wife 69, when she lost Dla I lost over £160.00 of my Pension Credits and im feeling so low now but guess I have to crak on to the end!!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I am terribly sorry to hear what has happened, CAB are really helpful and hopefully they will put you and your wife at ease. Please let us know how you get on!

In the meantime, there are lots of knowledgeable members in our community who will be more than happy to offer support and advice and steer you in the right direction!

I wish you all the best and I really hope this is sorted soon for the both of you! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hyperzuk
    Im sorry to hear you are having a tough time, we have lots of information about appealing a DWP decision here and we have some videos that might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHjSpNNbQo
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I would advise you to continue with the Tribunal because your wife has nothing to lose by doing so and because of her age this is the only chance she will get to claim PIP. The waiting lists across most of the country are huge and some are waiting about 1 year, so it's not a quick process.

Bare in mind also that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, but how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on those descriptors. Evidence will be needed to support her claim because it's the claimant responsibility to prove those descriptors apply. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.