Would love to hear from paper PIP tribunal people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would love to hear from paper PIP tribunal people

LittleGizmo86
LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys,

After a bit of a break down im back. Been good to read all your posts :)

I would like to hear from anyone who has had a paper based tribunal for PIP (either good or bad outcomes). I would like to know roughtly how long it took for your hearing/decision and what you would have done differently reflecting back on the process.

I am currently waiting for a paper based hearing so would be good to hear from you while i wait.

I would be grateful if people did not inform me of the success rate of paper based and how it is better attending. I am aware of this but for reasons which i do not wish to go into on here, i cant attend and paper is my only option (unless i travel fare away from home). The court are aware of this.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LittleGizmo86
    We have lots of information about appealing a DWP decision here.
    I know we have a few members who have had a paper hearing and I hope you can hear from them soon and get some support.

If you would like to talk it through with someone, you can call the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lindaann
    Lindaann Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    My daughter has been waiting for a court appeal for allmost 10 mnths ...she has sent letters from various professionals what do you think her chances are of getting it ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Lindaann said:
    My daughter has been waiting for a court appeal for allmost 10 mnths ...she has sent letters from various professionals what do you think her chances are of getting it ?
    Hi,

No one can possibly answer that question as we don't know how your daughters conditions affect her. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, but how those conditions affect her ability to do daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Referring to the original post regarding paper hearings the statistics are not very good but i have had 2 tribunals my first one i attended and lost and the second one i had a paper hearing and won so i should not worry if your case is strong enough you will have a good result 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.