To call up an error on MR? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

To call up an error on MR?

Options
MrsWolfie2210
MrsWolfie2210 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
Hi all,
I'm in the process of writing up my MR letter which I believe argues a strong case, at least, for SR care & possibly SR mobility. However, on the decision I noted that I apparently mentioned needing help with toileting - I never said such a thing! On the one hand, I'm wondering whether to add as one of my points against the decision because it will challenge the integrity of the HP's report, on the other hand, I'm thinking about leaving it out so as not to sound pedantic. Thoughts?

Cheers all

Helen x

Comments

• MRoalf
    MRoalf Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Anything that you can mention will get the DWP to give more thought to their decision so in my view can only be a good thing.
  • MrsWolfie2210
    Options
    @MRoalf thanks for that, I'll leave it be then.

Helen x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Not the lies and contradictions. DWP won't be interested in any of that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MrsWolfie2210
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for that. I'm thinking about saying that I think I should of been awarded either/or on some, for example, "needs to use an aid or appliance to cook a simple meal - 2 points" OR "Needs supervision or assistance to either prepare or cook a simple meal - 4 points", I used adapted knifes, jar grippers and electronic can openers to cook, but when my MH and/or chronic pain is bad, my husband takes over cooking for me. That's both "using an aid or appliance" and "needs assistance" and, at the very least, I feel that they may compromise and settle it with 2 points (hopefully!)

I feel and hope that by giving them the option of awarding 2 or 4 points they may at least settle for the lower score, based on the fact that I have at least demonstrated and explained that I need help and support, and that my story has been consistent throughout. Even if they compromise and award me SR care, I will settle for that because I think it would be very hard to prove that I should be entitled to ER. I'd rather aim low and be awarded SR than push harder and have to go to appeal.

Helen x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Why would you want to give them an option? You either think you should score 2 or 4 points for that descriptor.  Giving the reasons you think it applies and why. Give those examples as previously advised in your other thread.  You can't have it both ways and it's not about compromising on a lower score.

I really think you're missing the point here and would advise you get some help with writing the MR request letter and Tribunal if you get that far and most people do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you can reasonably use an aid for the descriptors then points would be given for that. If assistance is needed then you have to show why you need assistance rather than using an aid and what would happen if you didn't have assistance.

• MrsWolfie2210
    Options
    @poppy123456 this is true, thanks for that. I think I'm worried about being shot down again and I'm giving them too many options and trying to appease the DWP if it'll get them to stop painting me out to be a big, fat phoney. I shoudn't be. I will change it. I think the 2 points will be a stronger point (ie I CAN prepare a meal with adapted knives and without supervision). I have also noticed the "needs prompting" which I do, given I cannot plan a meal most days and frequently skip breakfast and/or lunch because of my depression and anxiety. It will give me 4 points not 6 but it will still give me a solid case which I can argue. I will do some ringing around regarding advice and representatives, too, which I haven't done yet. When the local authority tried to evict us from our temporary decant property (long story) the llaw centre was great in giving us advice, helping us stay and argue that the problems we were facing weren't fixed. It's ridiculous that we need to acquire an army of people to prove that we are who we say we are.

Helen x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.