Friend & I waiting on back dated SDP premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Friend & I waiting on back dated SDP premium

Options
TeddyB22
TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
A friend of mine like me is waiting on a decision from DWP about backdated money he was owed. We are both on ESA. He is on IR & I CR. 
Every Christmas time he would get a grant then in later years a loan which he used to buy presents and one time to have a sunshine holiday. The reason I sound bitter is that we both migrated to ESA from IB. He to IR & me to CR. All those years he not only got more per wk than me but I couldn't get get grants or loans and I tried. I lived in some hovels sometimes with no heating or a bed.
Now while I wait on them getting back about SDP I am so annoyed that I will never get a grant or loan money I desperately needed. 
I know some will think I'm acting intitled but I worked 20 yes before I became unable to work. Seems their mistakes really did major harm.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

To be eligible for the Income Related top ups on ESA Contributions based (CB) will depend on circumstances. Do you live with a partner that works or having savings/capital? If you live with a partner that works more than 24 hours per week then you won't be entitled to any of the premium top ups.

SDP also has criteria to be eligible to claim it. You must have a DLA mid/high rate care award or PIP daily living. No one must be claiming carers allowance for you and you must live alone or be classed as living alone. Do any of these i mentioned applied to you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Options
    Do you get backdated sdp if you win appeal?? 
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kami24 said:
    Do you get backdated sdp if you win appeal?? 
    Question answered on your other thread here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/51028/sdp-backdated#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.