Any ideas out there for us oldie disabled? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any ideas out there for us oldie disabled?

Options
Daisy54
Daisy54 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Just wonder if anybody has fallen foul of the rule on mobility supplement. I got changed over from DLA life time to PIP but I lost my mobility supplement because I had reached in the meantime over 65 years old. So although I qualified on appeal I couldn't have it paid to me because I am now well over 65. I missed out on keeping my DLA by my birthday being 4 weeks out. Now not only am unable to afford transport. My care package has gone because my council decided only those on PIP  mobility can get free or supported help.  As I am living on basic state pension and no private one I am stuck. Any ideas out there for us oldie disabled.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Daisy54   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry what has happened.  I do know there will be members of our community to advise and are in similar situations.

I am one of the team of community champions I have one suggestion have you contacted AGE UK.

There website has lots of advice, information and other aspects of help and support. Lots to look at.

Do know I contacted them and I am only 54 but do know as you stated well over 65.  A gentleman never asks a lady her age..

They would be interested in helping. Local support near to you.  Have a look on line.

Please can I also advise that you have come to the right place for support, advice and guidance. You are not alone.

We are a friendly community. Care and share.

Please if we can advise and ask the community anything.

Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Daisy54