Online Blue Badge applications — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Online Blue Badge applications

axwy62
axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
The new nationwide process seems to be a bit of a nightmare so far. Despite using the renewal code they gave me I’ve still had to send loads of documents to the council. I applied using my Pip award because I thought it would be easier than an assessment, though the council previously just accepted my word that I can’t walk.  
I think some of the issues are with my council as they initially insisted that I had to supply a copy of the award letter detailing the points I was awarded for moving around dated in the last 12 months, which I don’t have because I haven’t been assessed in the last 12 months, but they eventually accepted the original award letter plus this years up rating letter.
Their las email really takes the biscuit though. My last email started ‘as I told you before, due to disability I cannot use the phone ....’. Their reply ‘we’ve arranged for an advisor to call you ...’.
If I didn’t laugh I’d cry.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I am sorry you are having a tough time, this sounds so frustrating!!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • axwy62
    Eventually got this sorted, re-did the application as unable to walk and got a new badge for 3 years. My PIP award expired next year so they were only going to give me a badge for a year based on that, but still wanted £10 for it.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Im glad to hear you got your badge sorted :)
    Scope
  • axwy62
    I don't even use the badge that often, now I'm in a powered chair I'd rather get hubby to park somewhere quiet and leave the blue badge spaces for people who can't manage without them, but I do still need it sometimes.
  • Sam_Alumni
    It is there to make life a little easier, I am glad you have it sorted so you can use it when you need it :)
    Scope
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

Hi @axwy62  Glad you got it sorted.

My blue badge comes at a cost of £20 for 3 years which works out at less than 2p per day. I too had to get a confirmation from DWP because apparently they don't send out annual letters nowadays.  For what little hassle there is involved in renewing it, it's an absolute bargain.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Brightness