LCWRA wait — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA wait

Options
dkoneill
dkoneill Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Ive been on uc since June and have now been told my work capability assessment puts me into lcwra and I'll get the extra component.
I've been looking up when that'll start getting paid and it's very confusing, the three months people mention does that apply here? Will it not start till January or do people mean three months since the beginning of claiming uc itself?
Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,054 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
     It's 3 month from the time you first applied for UC and LCWRA extra money is paid on month 4 of your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dkoneill
    dkoneill Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    But it's been awarded on my 5th month being on universal credit, will it get paid in my next payment then? I've only got what it says in my journal and that's not much
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,054 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it was definitely LCWRA then it's an extra £328 per month backdated to the 4th month of your claim. If you haven't had the payment in your next UC payment then either put a note on your online account or contact DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.