Help with my son being turned down for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with my son being turned down for PIP

Options
mrsjsh
mrsjsh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi my son was diagnosed with speech learning difficulties. When about 4 , he didn’t speak till he was around 10 had speech lessons , deaf in one ear. So many tests etc but never given an exact diagnosis. We were told by Ed psych he would never live in his own cope etc etc. At primary school I was made too pick him up take him home for lunch etc, asked how does he eat, at one occasion. My husband and I fought too keep him in mainstream school. But we’re made too send him too special school.we were told he was delayed in his learning. 
If you met my son now26 he is clever very kind young man. 
But even tho he managed too come through cancerat 26 stage three. 
And went too college with extra help and then too uni I took him every day spoke too tutors took him too class. He suffered severe depression after father passing, was suicidal. Needed extra help too pass uni. 
I take him everywete he can’t sort any matters over phone struggles explaining himself cannot travel on his own. Or sort out problems. 
Theyy have totally taken his pip off him. 
So all his life he’s been told he has speech learning difficulties. And lives with me at home. 
I felt the pip review was talking about another person. 
He had no money coming in , as can’t cope with getting job etc. 

What can can I do 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mrsjsh welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear what has happened. When were you notified that he will no longer be in receipt of PIP?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    I am afraid PIP is all about the descriptors and your ability to carry them out 
    When you apply for PIP you need to concentrate on these and not conditions only when these conditions affect you doing the tasks laid out
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Can you let us know when he lost PIP and we could offer information about appealing the decision
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.