Atos — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Atos

Prettyseasider
Prettyseasider Community member Posts: 9 Connected
My daughter got 0 points after wining her appeal thought that would be it but they give a review and scored 0 again they told lies about marked her down, can cure Aspergers but help mental and resurgence and prompting , scared to death going on bus because of the people might not be understanding if she has melt down , I traded my own car in to get a mobility car because mine to low getting in or out because of my health issues wich I got 0 too from them don't know what to do feel we are easy targets , we both can't get any better to why us 

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Please get face to face advice from cab, welfare rights or a local charitable organisation that provides this type of advice and good luck. 
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Can cure AS wow that's a new one sorry to hear your going through this after wining your appeal 
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Sorry, but I don't understand, if you won your appeal, how have you now got 0 points? Was it an appeal to a Tribunal, or just an MR? Was this PIP you won your appeal on, or an old DLA? If you can explain further, I am sure this forum can help you.
  • Prettyseasider
    I did we won but had a re view and she got 0  again she terrified of getting on bus , I traded my car in to put towards a car that can help me  to get in and out of I have health problems osteoarthritis fingers , knees , disc degenerate lumber , spondylitis , and I got 0 too been cab and got go through appeal again ? Feel they victimising us  , don't want to be like this my other two are fit and well one at uni and other at collage and works weekends , just my middle one she in uni she getting support but it's me who 's prompting her all time I drive her to disability club called tram shed and.joins in with others.whos same as her , , my condition is affecting my part time job Been off 2 week and lost my placement moved to another school 
  • Prettyseasider
    Won appeal thought that be the end of it 
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    It seems to be never ending so sorry to say and I don't know much  but if she can't plan her own journey and has to be taken everywhere they should qualify for mobility. I think they just try to wear us down so we give up. 
  • debbiedo49
    Yes the system sucks and unfortunately you need very good advice and determination to try to keep fighting on
  • Prettyseasider
    It's nuts  before getting my job , I had so sign on in a different town and I had no choice but to take my daughter who's aspie with me , and they was rude can't she walk round town some where,we can't let every Tom **** and Harry in  my daughter heard this set off in melt down which , I had give her reassurance , to her because she thought she was going to be thrown out , I got go sign again because I only work ten hour  a. Week. Then I care for my daughter , I traded my car to get a higher car so I can get in and out easier and put money towards it in so when I lose it can't take her to uni or tram shed , and I have walk to work in this weather with my own health issues 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi prettyseasider,

Unfortunately your daughter isn't the only one the DWP are doing this to. It is a circle of claiming, being refused, MR, refused, appeal, win, review, refused, back to MR again and so on. It's terrible the way the DWP are cutting short tribunal awards by doing an "assessment" and in effect, going back to their original decision. Please keep fighting and keep appealing, get help from CAB or local Welfare Rights team. All the best,

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• debbiedo49
  • Prettyseasider
    Thank you for your advice I will , was in Jobcenter I told them y concerns then my daughter had melt down , and was down stairs waiting sort council tax and my daughter started ticking some people was staring at her just had to resure her that she ok , then I broke down because think I'm going to lose my job because I'm not as quick moving as I used to because of my problems feel need to wear t- shirt saying sorry can't move as fast 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.