Pip problems, f2f assessments, — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip problems, f2f assessments,

cokeen43
cokeen43 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Pip problems, f2f assessments, 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cokeen43 welcome to the community!

Could you explain what has happened?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cokeen43, and welcome! How can we help?
  • cokeen43
    I suffer with anxiety and depression and agrophia, and also have psoriatic athritus and fibromyalgia and a herniated disc in my neck, i waited 8 months for my f2f as you can imagine my anxiety was off the scale by then, the assessor lyed so much on her report, she said i was dressed appropriatly and was relaxed, i had my pjs on and was high as a kite on my morphine i take daily, she was reminding me of the dates i was diagnosed for things as i do have memory lapses, she reported i told her in detail everything, she reported ive take no medication for depression and never had, but she told me she had my medical history in front of her so i dont have to tell her again, i never moved and refused to use my right arm because the pain, she said otherwise, my pip was stopped, medical evidence sent in since for mr contradicts her report, how are they allowed to get away with making people so traumatised, ive complained to capita but not there problem
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi, unfortunately the quality of these face to face assessments is often questionable.  If you feel the information is absolutely inaccurate then you should pursue the complaint.  Capita's policy say they acknowledge within 2 days and fully respond within 20 days.  I am not sure if you have made a formal complaint, if you haven't, then do so by emailing them: complaints@capita-pip.co.uk  Of course the PIP decision will be based on the report so I would advise getting some counter evidence to send to the DWP- there was obviously someone with you at the assessment, perhaps they could write a statement, and you may wish to contact your health professionals to see if they can provide evidence of how you are affected by your conditions.  Should you have to appeal, tribunals are well aware of the sometimes poor quality of the assessments so all is not lost by any means.
    The Benefits Training Co:

• cokeen43
    Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo i sent everything from hospitals and drs, my carer was present she never acknolwdged him at all, after her reffering to him as my partner for the 10th time and being corrected everytime, she said she did not need his input, she made her report before she even spoke to me, that i really believe, drs have contradicted all she said lets hope the dwp see it too
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    The DWP   usually side with the assessors report  looks like you will have to take it down the appeal road if you do not get a good result
  • cokeen43
    Oh i intend too, i dont give up without a fight, makes me laugh how a 23yr old nurse is believed after half hour but years of experienced consultants and drs and occupational therapists are lying about my illnessess and symptoms and medication, goverment forcing them to make it all up as usual, madness, just because i can talk properly means im not disabled, would they have told steven hawkins the same, corrupt
  • cokeen43
    I meant because he was able to say what he meant 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    cokeen43 said:
    Oh i intend too, i dont give up without a fight, makes me laugh how a 23yr old nurse is believed after half hour but years of experienced consultants and drs and occupational therapists are lying about my illnessess and symptoms and medication, goverment forcing them to make it all up as usual, madness, just because i can talk properly means im not disabled, would they have told steven hawkins the same, corrupt
    What has your illnesses, symptoms and medication got to do with PIP?
    What you have to prove is (a) what impact is caused by these and why and (b) if these proven impacts match with enough of the descriptors which in turn would they give enough points to get an award.

I have major health conditions both physical and mental. Others may well be at death's door from their conditions. But none of that matters to the DWP and that is not what you are being assessed for. 
    I got 0 points! because it was said that I did not score enough descriptors. 
  • cokeen43
    Same 0 on everything which ive had agrophobia for years if i do go out if i have to i have to have my carer my anxiety goes off the scale, last time i was in the middle of the road froze and distraught, was getting abuse from drivers but i could not physically move my carer in the end had to hold my hand and reasure me i was ok, but hey dwp says people do that as the norm daily, hope it didnt affect them like it did me, 
  • cokeen43
    Just been told my m.r has gone back to the assessor to re look at there report, as medical evidence contadicts what they wrote, anybody have any experience on this and what does it mean x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    It doesn't mean anything other than it's been returned to the HCP to correct any errors in the report, it's not good or bad news. You'll just have to wait to see what the decision will be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cokeen43
    Ok thankyou @poppy123456 this has been going on since febuary long old time
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    It doesn't mean anything other than it's been returned to the HCP to correct any errors in the report, it's not good or bad news. You'll just have to wait to see what the decision will be.
    Not being funny but how can you suggest that the evidence has been returned to the HCP 'to correct any errors'.

By their own admission they do a fantastic job so what sort of an error could it be. They saw the claimant, they heard from the claimant and they read the claimant's claim form. 

OK  an error - she didn't walk easily from the assessment room despite the assessor saying she did?
    She was shaking and crying but the advisor noted nothing of the sort.

There are no errors - there are untruths. which have come to light through additional evidence being submitted which contradicts the assessor's version of what happened at the assessment. 
    I would love to see how they get out of that one. It would be interesting to get hold of the original assessment report and the next one that will have been suitably doctored.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:
    Not being funny but how can you suggest that the evidence has been returned to the HCP 'to correct any errors'.

Contradictions ....as cooken43 stated....  errors...what ever... i was purely stating it doesn't mean anything...
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cokeen43
    Update, the original report was overturned and i won my appeal, they reconised she didnt look at all the evidence provided and she made her own mind up, i talk to another lady in my town who suffers agrobhobia and had same woman, she emailed her report and word for word the exact same as in mine
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.