DWP want more info after tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP want more info after tribunal

Options
careyhill
careyhill Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son won his pip appeal at court on the 26th sept 2018 we have not had a letter stating that dwp are appealing or that they want a statement of reasons but i have recieved a letter stating they need more info before they look at the decision for personal independance payment again basically they just want to know if he has been in hospital overnight dates of admission and release dates i dont understand does this mean he isnt getting it ? Its 28 days today since court tribunal and decision they are out of time to appeal arent they??  Please help

Comments

• ClaiireLouiise
    ClaiireLouiise Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Hi @careyhill.

Welcome to the community. As far as I understand, if your son has had any overnight stays in hospital, they will want to do calculations and make deductions from the PIP based on the information you provide. It sounds like they're just trying to calculate what back pay you are owed.  If DWP wanted to appeal the tribunal decision, they have the same rights as you do and so have to do so within 28 days, so i think if they were going to do this they will have done by now. 

I think the sooner you provide them with the info they have asked for, the sooner you should be paid. However, it would be worth maybe giving them a call to clarify, do you feel able to do this?

I hope you get the answers that you need. 

?Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Claire is correct. This is just a standard question they ask people after a Tribunal win, it's a good thing and just means they will pay the backdated money as soon as they know the details.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • careyhill
    Options
    Thankyou ladies 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @careyhill, glad you've had some clarification from other members! 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    careyhill said: 
    they just want to know if he has been in hospital overnight dates of admission and release dates i dont understand does this mean he isnt getting it ? Its 28 days today since court tribunal and decision they are out of time to appeal arent they??  Please help
    The DWP are ready to make a payment. They want to know if you have spent more than 28 days in hospital.

• careyhill
    Options
    Thankyou all its now sorted they just wanted the info to put award into payment should have payment within 3-5 days the lady said 
  • ClaiireLouiise
    ClaiireLouiise Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    @careyhill, great news, you must be over the moon and relieved. It's such a stressful process and they don't make it easy. 

Glad to hear you're all sorted. 
    ?Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.