How long does PIP appeal take? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does PIP appeal take?

Options
Donna_2018
Donna_2018 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, my daughter was on dla and since turning the age of 16 she was changed to pip for few weeks before they had stopped payment. She went f2f with them and still denied. She is currently in an appeal but receives supplementary payment. She is type 1 diabetic and had epilepsy. Just wondering if anyone knows what i have to do now or how lon an appeal takes, as i havent heard anything in months. Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Tribunal waiting times are huge over here in the UK. I see that you're from N.Ireland because of claiming the supplementary payments. You can contact HMCTS and ask approx how long the wait is and they will tell you. Some areas in the UK are waiting as long as 1 year but it maybe different over there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Donna_2018!

You've had some good advice from Poppy above. Please do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of assistance in the meantime, and fingers crossed things will be resolved for you and your daughter ASAP!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.