Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

christine28
christine28 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi i have been refussed pip twice and i am now taking it to triburnial,i was on the high rate dla and low care as well,i dont understand how i have been turned down for pip as my dissability was from birth and is for life it will never get any better ,i can not walk far at all or stand for long,i am at the mo waiting for the 100 page bundle as been to citizens advice and am waiting on a court date been told it could be a 5 month wait,i am not happy about this at all i would love for this to be turned over but what chance would i have?

Comments

• ClaiireLouiise
    ClaiireLouiise Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Hi @christine28.

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with PIP, it can be such a stressful lengthy process. Im glad you're taking it to tribunal, i hope you get the award you are hoping for. 
    ?Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder ?
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Lots of people who were on DLA have been refused PIP because it's not about conditions but how your conditions affect you carrying out the descriptors in the criteria i am afraid you could be waiting up to 12 months for a tribunal due to back logs and there is nothing you can do to speed it up 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @christine28, and a warm welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear this, it sounds as though it's been a really frustrating situation for you. Wishing you all the best for your tribunal: you may like to check out Scope's guidance on DWP appeals to help you prepare. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    markyboy said:
    Lots of people who were on DLA have been refused PIP because it's not about conditions but how your conditions affect you carrying out the descriptors in the criteria i am afraid you could be waiting up to 12 months for a tribunal due to back logs and there is nothing you can do to speed it up 

That's absolutely true.
    But given that the poster was in receipt of DLA high Mobility rate it signifies that they were unable to walk more than 50 metres.

That equates to Standard Mobility of PIP. To get no award is ridiculous, unless the DWP are saying that the poster has had a miraculous recovery and can now walk more than 200 metres with no difficulties. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.