Income to support group ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Income to support group ESA

sp1234
sp1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi just been on income esa since 2012 was put in wrag had  a assessment last month just rang up to day to be told I was put in support group. Just really wanted to know if I will get the £73.10 or the £110 living allowance ant answers would be appreciated many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As you were previously placed into the WRAG you will only receive Support Group component from the time you were placed into the Support Group. You won't receive it from 2012. The difference between WRAG and Support group will depend on circumstances. If you're not claiming Enhanced daily living PIP or high rate care DLA then the difference will be approx £25 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @sp1234! I hope the above guidance helps, please do let us know if you have any further questions.
  • sp1234
    Hi thanks for the advice I’m on high care dla I use to get wrag component of £29.05 so if I’m correct il get an extra £8.20 a week for support group component.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, that's correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sp1234
    Thank you poppy for your help

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.