SDP awarded by MR... Backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP awarded by MR... Backpay

Incywincy21
Incywincy21 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all,

I was on the boards back in August about SDP not being awarded (quite a complex case)... however, I did an MR which changed the decision and the decision notice states I am eligible and will be paid SDP from 29/08/10... Question is, do I need to contact the DWP about this further (I have received my SDP on my next ESA payment since the MR notice) or will they contact me about this when they're ready?

Thanks!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Any backpay owed is paid separately, how long it takes to pay you will depend on the amount you're owed. Doesn't it tell you in your letter about the back dated money and when they will pay you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Incywincy21
    Thanks Poppy.

No, there's no mention of exactly how much or how long it will take. It just says they have sent it over to the relevant office to deal with... 
  • TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Hi. I was just browsing the site looking at the EDP backdated issue and I see Incywincy21 that you are being paid back to 2010? Am I correct? I thought the cut off point was 2011. 
  • poppy123456
    DWP are backdating to November 2011. This thread is about SDP and not EDP and they're totally different premiums. It may also be that Incywincy's case isn't about the IB to ESA mess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Incywincy21
    Yes, I apologise for not clarifying. I was never on IB. Mine is an official error from beginning of my claim in 2010.
  • TeddyB22
    Thank you for clarifying and I apologize for snooping. I'm just frustrated as I'm waiting 4 weeks now and no resoresp.
  • poppy123456
    TeddyB22 said:
    Thank you for clarifying and I apologize for snooping. I'm just frustrated as I'm waiting 4 weeks now and no resoresp.
    Expect to wait 12 weeks or more depending on the backlog in your area.
  • TeddyB22
    Thanks. I wonder if I should ring them just to see if I have qualified. I'm pretty sure I meet the criteria but I could have missed something.
  • poppy123456
    Living with a partner that works, other household income, savings/capital are all assessed when claiming the Income Related top up.
  • TeddyB22
    DWP are backdating to November 2011. This thread is about SDP and not EDP and they're totally different premiums. It may also be that Incywincy's case isn't about the IB to ESA mess.
    Hi Poppy I was going to post a question on a different topic and I reread this thread.
    If the DWP back pay SDP to 2010 why are they only back dating EDP from 2011?
  • poppy123456
    Incywincy's story is completely different and the money owed wasn't caused by the DWP IB to ESA error, which i already stated.
  • TeddyB22
    Yes but you know what nevermind. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.