Will my son be able to answer PIP questions for me? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my son be able to answer PIP questions for me?

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Did the assessor allow you the time to explain in detail how your problems affected you and how the impact on your life matched the relevant descriptors. Or was it just a yes/no exercise with you just answering some short questions?

In other words was time given for you to add more to what you had put on the PIP2 claim form.
  • Susie55
    Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    It was just short answers she told me before i started that i was to keep it short as she didnt want to run out of time and i would have ti go back a second time.
  • Yadnad
    Susie55 said:
    It was just short answers she told me before i started that i was to keep it short as she didnt want to run out of time and i would have ti go back a second time.
    Ah the 'second time' was mentioned. I had that said to me but now realising that it was a bluff and false reason to avoid a lengthy and time consuming detailed assessment. I genuinely believed the assessor and felt sorry for her at the time.
    There is no 'going back for a second time'.

Poppy123456 could comment on the quality of your assessment given what you have disclosed. She had totally different assessments for both herself and her daughter.
  • Susie55
    I have noted it in my diary and i will be phoning next week for my report on assessment so i will have all my info ready for when i get my decision.Im not pinning any hopes on it going in my favour but as my son said we will take it all the way if needs me.I am so lucky i have him and my daughterinlaw living just 5 minutes away from me as i am on my own so he is my backup.Everyone keep fingers crossed for me that i could be one of the lucky ones.I can but dream??if i dont laugh ill cry .I so glad i found this forum as i can voice all my troubles and know that everyone is in the the same position as me.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very rare for people to have to have a 2nd face to face assessment, if this does happen it will more than likely be because of some contradictions found by and audit. Otherwise i would say take what the HCP said with a huge pinch of salt.

I'm not sure what you want me to say here because everyone's PIP experience is so different. I was able to explain in full detail for both my assessments for myself and the one for my daughter, without any problems. All the assessments were different in length ranging from 15 mins to approx 1 hr 15 mins.

You say you gave short answers, does this mean you only answered with a yes or no? or were you able to give a little more information than that?

It's very difficult to predict what could happen. The only thing i can advise you do is ring DWP for a copy of the assessment report, look at the boxes with dots or ticks and compare them against the PIP descriptors to add the points, if any. If the worst does happen it's handy to be one step ahead and have the report anyway because it comes in very useful when requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Susie55
    I was able to give somevinformation but she told me in the beginning that if i was to long explaining she would have to stop me not to run out of time.Didnt put me at ease.My assessment lasted an hour and i was asked to do 9activities in all afew i had to tell her i couldn't do and she said that was fine
  • poppy123456
    No one can really tell you if that's a good or a bad thing, it depends how much detail you went into on your PIP form. The assessment report is the only way you'll know how the assessment went. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Susie55
    Yes thanks its just a waiting game now i give loads of info on my form and medical evidence included and also evidence from family members
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you getting any other help with the process? Good luck btw
  • Susie55
    I have just had my pip assessment report sent to me i have just worked out the points i was awarded i had 12 for daily living and 10 for mobility will this be same when Works and Pensions look at it or should i not raise my hopes that i will get the same points.Thanks
  • poppy123456
    Susie55 said:
    I have just had my pip assessment report sent to me i have just worked out the points i was awarded i had 12 for daily living and 10 for mobility will this be same when Works and Pensions look at it or should i not raise my hopes that i will get the same points.Thanks
    They usually go with the report and award what's recommended, it's rare to go against it but it can happen. Don't celebrate just yet and wait for the decision. I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck.
  • Susie55
    No exactly my thought on my report though it did not give the points just ticks i had the poin t system up on line it also states review in 3years time.Has anyone had their copies were they the same just ticks in relevant boxes and had to work out points
  • Yadnad
    edited October 2018
    Susie55 said:
    No exactly my thought on my report though it did not give the points just ticks i had the poin t system up on line it also states review in 3years time.Has anyone had their copies were they the same just ticks in relevant boxes and had to work out points
    I see that the assessors are continuing to suggest the normal 3 year award to be reviewed after 2 years. Talk about trying to increase their income!
    I'm betting that the suggestion has no basis on fact or evidence.
  • Susie55
    If it is right and i will recieve standard mobility will i be able to keep my blue badge
  • poppy123456
    Susie55 said:
    The boxes/ticks in any report are not added up because it's a recommendation. They will only be added up on the decision letter.

Standard mobility will automatically qualify you for the blue badge if you scored 8 points in the moving around part of mobility.
  • Susie55
    I scored 10 if dwp agree with assessment so thats good news.Many thanks for your reply

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.