Need advice what to do — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advice what to do

Options
cjohn
cjohn Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I am deaf and suffer with mental helth issues i recieved my pip review letter yesterday plus the venue is at least 90 mintes away i cant travel that far certainly not on my own my support worker no longer works for the mental health therefore i have no assistance i am waiting for a self refferal to welfare community.but that could take weeks in the meantime what to do about pip

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    Contact DWP and politely ask for a home assessment  Explain the difficulties you have in travelling on your own, even if could.
    If they get uppity about a home assessment, write in ASAP, after the conversation, with any supporting information, and request a home visit. 

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Contact DWP and politely ask for a home assessment  Explain the difficulties you have in travelling on your own, even if could.
    If they get uppity about a home assessment, write in ASAP, after the conversation, with any supporting information, and request a home visit. 

And at the same time throw the Equalities Act at them - they must make suitable adjustments - such an adjustment is having a home assessment!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.