Hearing - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hearing

2»

Comments

• cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    That’s very true i didn’t think of that, thanks. 
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
  • cripps
    Good evening i hope you’ve had a wonderful day. 
  • cripps
    Morning everyone, just a update on my appointment with the audiologist and like you predicted it was pretty easy. After about an hour off pressing the button the outcome is i need hearing aids because my ears are deteriorating, if you remember our discussion on how many hearing aids i may be offered well i can reveal she has offered me the big TWO which I’m pretty pleased about. With having two i can get use too the sound and balance a lot quicker. I’m going back in a couple of weeks to get fitted and over all I’m very pleased i got sorted out very quickly and with your help i kept my anxiety under control, thanks everyone you were a big help. ??
  • cripps
    Morning everyone, just a update on my appointment with the audiologist and like you predicted it was pretty easy. After about an hour off pressing the button the outcome is i need hearing aids because my ears are deteriorating, if you remember our discussion on how many hearing aids i may be offered well i can reveal she has offered me the big TWO which I’m pretty pleased about. With having two i can get use too the sound and balance a lot quicker. I’m going back in a couple of weeks to get fitted and over all I’m very pleased i got sorted out very quickly and with your help i kept my anxiety under control, thanks everyone you were a big help. ??
  • deano5278
    deano5278 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hi there I'm 32 years old I've had hearing aids in both ears for past 8 years the test is straight forward but like wise I have tinnitus aswell in both ears I have really bad hear I can't live without them but u will have to go back for moulds of ur ear to be sent of and made for you percifacly and it takes around a month for then to be made but after that ur good to go I have one appointment a year at hospital to check on my hearing as there degenerating and have a hole in one ear drum , other than that every 6 month I got hearing clinic have my hearing aids serviced and get new batteries simple really 
  • cripps
    Hi there ? I’ve had my hearing aids in now for a couple of weeks and after one or two problems that needed ironing out i think the pair of us have settled in. I really do like them and most of all i can hear again, there’s only one real problem and that’s my right ear it’s seems to be loosing hearing, i get a lot of pain in it and once i take the hear aid out at night my ear goes into spams which is very uncomfortable because it keeps me awake most nights. I’m on the list at the E.N.T but to be honest it could take a while before im seen. I would recommend them to anyone that’s having problems with their hearing it’s opened a whole new world. NC

Brightness