How much backpay am I entitled to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much backpay am I entitled to?

Options
tears
tears Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I won my appeal on Tuesday 23th October it says from july 2017 to july 2022   Shed so many tears with this struggle   Now praying DWP don't object   will it be three months backpay or from date I won appeal  I have no idea just relieved I won I got standard for both and although I think with my host of problems it should have been enhanced    I just now want to be able to pay for help after struggling at home after three surgeries I have two more surgeries to go through and knowing I can get help now is a relief thanks for reading   And don't give up x

Comments

• GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Options
  • tears
    Options
    Thank you I thought someone would answer my questions about backpay have I posted in wrong place?   
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Congratulations I'm not sure about appeal and back paypay I'm sure @Username_removed will be able to help?
  • tears
    Options
    Thank you Debbie I’m new to this and not very savvy ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tears welcome to the community!

Congratulations, this is amazing news!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If this is a new PIP claim and not a conversion from DLA, you will be paid from the date when you originally lodged your PIP claim with the DWP.

If it is a conversion it will be from 4 weeks after your last DLA payment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be from July 2017 as that is when you were awarded it from by the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be from July 2017 as that is when you were awarded it from by the Tribunal.
    Is it? The Tribunal stand in the shoes of the DWP and will change the decision that they made which was wrong. So it will go back to when the claim was made even if that is a year or more before the Tribunal hearing.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    Is it? The Tribunal stand in the shoes of the DWP and will change the decision that they made which was wrong. So it will go back to when the claim was made even if that is a year or more before the Tribunal hearing.
    In the post above it clearly states from July 2017.....
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lisa1985
    Lisa1985 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    Hi I’m on contribution based esa income I do have a career my brother for ten months now but I’ve been on esa contribution based since 20014 am I eligible for back dated refund from dwp esa for the mistake they had made please let me know thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Lisa1985 said:
    Hi I’m on contribution based esa income I do have a career my brother for ten months now but I’ve been on esa contribution based since 20014 am I eligible for back dated refund from dwp esa for the mistake they had made please let me know thanks 
    Hi,

I have answered all of your questions on all of your other threads, see the answered questions here. DWP do not owe you any money based on what you're currently claiming. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/51320/esa-back-dated-payments#latest

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.