Just failed my ESA. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just failed my ESA.

2»

Comments

• Jimmy1985
    Jimmy1985 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thanks.from what you gather how lenient are doctdoc with backdated sicknotes? I think they might undeunders the situation. Dwp make it hard to know all the stuff. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    I really can't answer that question for you, as it depends on the GP. You will need to speak to your GP and tell him/her what's happened. They will either agree or not to backdating it. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jimmy1985
    Thanks poppy. I think in a few months after Christmas things will be allot easier. 
  • poppy123456
    Good luck! Be prepared for a long wait as some areas there's a backlog of 1 year for Tribunal hearing dates. I'm assuming you're appearing in person as this will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    I have to get back dated sick notes for my son my Dr was fine I just explained the situation and he had been seeing the mental health nurse so would definitely ask 
    Jimmy1985 said:
    Thanks.from what you gather how lenient are doctdoc with backdated sicknotes? I think they might undeunders the situation. Dwp make it hard to know all the stuff. 

at that time 
  • poppy123456
    Yes indeed, some will agree but some won't. It depends on the GP.
  • Jimmy1985
    Ok so i got the sicknotes backdated . I sent them of to the dwp place along with tribunal ref number and my details . Is that all i need to do? 
  • Jimmy1985
    Sent them yesterday 
  • poppy123456
    That's it. I'm assuming you added a covering letter and added your NI number to everything you sent?
  • Jimmy1985
    I wrote a letter about the situation and included my ni number but didn't write it on the doctors note. How long will it take to receive payment now poppy do you think?  
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea how long, sorry. Give it to the end of next week, then ring them.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.