LOST MY CAR ON THE MOTABILTY SCHEME A POSTIVE MESSAGE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LOST MY CAR ON THE MOTABILTY SCHEME A POSTIVE MESSAGE

Options
thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every body just this afternoon given back my Motability car back to the dealer.

At this moment want to send a positive message to those who lose their cars.

Remember this has happened and I am sorry what has happened. I myself know it is going to be a struggle. I am alive and will not be defeated. Cope and get about.

Use what ever you can to help yourself. Remember there are ways and means to get about.

I cannot use buses but will employ the services of taxis. Try and do much as I can on line Shopping, banking and anything else for the house.  Look on line for transport alternatives. Consider options and does it have to involve planning, always think ahead.

We are alive and think about those in other countries who are like ourselves. Speaking as I do a range of people from other countries. Especially the other day a lady from Poland.  Where she has friends who are disabled have nothing like us in the country.

Have to rely on the support of family and the Church.

What about those in third world countries where disability and coping to live is a hardship. Where walking and travelling long distances is an every day occurrence. Just to feed themselves, clothe and work. themselves.

Understand everything about this Government we all do but at the end of the day. What is done is done. We need to support and comfort those and be a listening ear for the community. Send positivity.

Stand and say will not rollover and move on. Appeal if you wish to that your choice. I will be here as a friend to guide and support you offer words of comfort.  If and when I can.

Offer advice , information and how to cope.  With out a car.

So my fellow community members those losing their cars how are you coping may I ask?

How can I advise and help you?

Pleasure to talk to you

@thespiceman
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Mikey44
    Mikey44 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    You should check up on this as if you lose your Mobility Car you may be entitled to a POSSIBLE £2000 cash sum if the loss was due to you losing the car by the new legislative changes but check up Online and have a look into this as another option.
    Fingers crossed 
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @Mikey44    Pleased to meet you. How are you ?   Has this happened to you then and how are you coping.?

Thanks very much.  For reply. I am aware of this. Reason why handed back car.

Know am receiving this payment in fourteen days, been told by dealer.

Much appreciative in saying this because I know but I do others . Add to that is this Government going to change the amount.

Though get it quick.  As they say before they change their minds.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Mikey44
    Options
    Hello Spiceman yes they took my car away due to a dodgy assessment in which a Nurse knew better than a Optimologist and two Nuerologists and said I could see fine and was fit to work and Plan a Journey but my consultant said I’m Partially sighted verging on Blind but thankfully I went to Tribunal after a year wait and was awarded Higher Rate on both sides and am awaiting the paperwork to get my new car,you are entitled to keep the car for 8 weeks from the date they stop your benefit but be aware if you get Mobility reinstated they WILL take the 8 weeks money from your award.I hope you get a good result but please stick it out and fight ??the Tribunal was scary but they were very nice and saw my side and reinstated it with Backpay so it is very much worth the Battle but get help I had a Welfare Rights helper who was the reason I won also.Good luck sir and don’t forget the £200/250 money back if the car is returned in good condition.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Mikey44 said:
     and don’t forget the £200/250 money back if the car is returned in good condition.
    The good condition bonus is now £500 and not £250. https://www.motability.co.uk/information-for-customers/cars-and-wheelchair-accessible-vehicles-customer-area/good-condition-bonus

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mikey44
    Options
    Now they change it ???I got £250 ah well 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not sure when it was changed, i just know it was recently.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mikey44
    Options
    Good to know Poppy thanks ,so when they take it off me again I’ll know in advance ??
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Always here for you @thespiceman :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hello every body just this afternoon given back my Motability car back to the dealer.

Use what ever you can to help yourself. Remember there are ways and means to get about.

I cannot use buses but will employ the services of taxis. Try and do much as I can on line Shopping, banking and anything else for the house.  Look on line for transport alternatives. Consider options and does it have to involve planning, always think ahead.

I am of the same opinion. After losing 3 Motability cars in the past 5 years and the strain of being re-assessed every other year for the rest of my life, I like you thought of other ways to get about. Once that was accepted I didn't see the point in going to a Tribunal to fight the DWP - already had 3 MR's and that was enough.!

Taxis, friends etc all rally around to help out with transport matters.

Now I have peace of mind which cannot be quantified in monetary terms.

However if some kind soul wants to take up the fight for me all well and good, but for me I have found a equally good and positive outlook without these disability based benefits.
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @Mikey44 Thank you for reply. Sorry what has happened to you. I am of the belief yes this has happened to me but there are some things . You have to say time to move on.

There are others out there in the world and our community suffering more.

Once in my lifetime in fact a few times met these people who have claimed asylum in this country. Live here and used to sit and let them talk about there lives as you do.

One lad disabled trod on a land mine.  Had been maimed if he wished to see a Doctor was travelling hundreds of miles to see one.  Always stuck in my head that one.

Travelled across half of Europe to get here because they have the impression UK will take care of you.

Being a Christian I think yes this has happened but after the assessment of PIP. The report was fabricated and lies of course. Gave me one example seen me walking outside . Assumptions can walk OK which was strange because the door was closed.  Which I thought must have ESP and physic vision.  lol.

My point is those like these assessors that lie or do harm. Even though I know only for the extra money they receive. All will come around to bite them on the bum.

I do believe in the Avenging Angel does and will happen.

Got the standard rate and thought shall I appeal be what may. Am not hanging around move on.  Have an addiction history besides do understand those wishing to appeal for what and how .

There choice and a member of this community. Being a community champion offer my support, warmth and words of comfort to ease the situation.

Having stress and anxiety, illness scarred and scared to fear of relapse waiting for what a year could be.

Chance for some extra cash plus am 54 and not much looking forward to living on a pension of pittance 

Be useful.

Great to talk to you . Wish you all the success.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @Yadnad How are you? In agreement with you and like what you have said.

Been doing this since the last twenty years or more as I have so many times.

Besides there is another assessment again next year or so. So it goes around.

Add that to the pile of spiel next assessment. Already walking in pain.  Who knows what will happen next time.?

Could get more points or might even consider giving me a car again who knows in the mind of the DWP.

Must always remember DWP stands for Disabled Won't Pay or Play depends how you see it.

Good to talk to you as always.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.