Providing case Law - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Providing case Law

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    ocdman said:
    Hello again,

Well the latest is that my letter arrived from the UT tribunal today and it was permission refused to appeal. Im kind of dumped but also kind of hopeful that ive still got another new claim in the pipeline for which im hoping that having a rep with me from the start will make the difference.

The refusal quoted contradictions in the evidence which might have been from me or might have been from atos. My bundle is just to big and its to complicated for me to know and do the work to know and then come back in the time to pursue the only options left on it which are set aside or judicial review.

Now with only my new claim left as a viable option im wondering if given that my condition has stayed the same if anybody has heard of people failing when they have come as far as I have done but then on reaplying and doing things different from scratch meaning the form filling and rep from the start, it affects the outcome diferently ? 
    Yep, my wife's Attendance Allowance claim in particular.

Her first claim ended up at a Tribunal which threw it out.
    Within days of receiving that decision she made another claim for the same reasons and backed up with the same evidence. She was awarded the highest day and night award possible for an indefinite period.

To me it seemed that it was the way the claim was worded and had nothing to do with the disability.
  • ocdman
    ocdman Community member Posts: 58 Connected
    Thank you for that yadnad, a bit of hope rekindled. What a system - one where legal experts make the difference but being on benefits means access is not available. I was watching esther mcvey last night on news at 10 just denying what is happening. ever feel that the mad hatter is responsible for this system ? I do .

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    ocdman said:
    Thank you for that yadnad, a bit of hope rekindled. What a system - one where legal experts make the difference but being on benefits means access is not available. I was watching esther mcvey last night on news at 10 just denying what is happening. ever feel that the mad hatter is responsible for this system ? I do .

If you listen to any minister that has been involved with Works & Pensions you will get the same answer - there is nothing wrong with the systems that a couple of tweaks here and there won't solve. 
    Then you have Frank Field submitting the committee report and all of a sudden it goes quiet on the western front.
    Then come all the replies to the recommendations saying that the minister of the day agrees. Then nothing, it is all out for consultation - umm where have I heard that before - oh yes my own council who won't say no right out for obvious reasons it 'goes out for consultation' - and then the long grass grows all over it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.