Chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain

collicsr
collicsr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all im sitting here thinking, i wonder what this site is going to be like. 
Ive found things like this before only to be very disappointed. I have suffered from chronic lower back pain for over 18 years. I know big joke eh, bad back. I have arthritis in my spine, neck, elbows but worst of all knees. My knee brought me down on Friday and i managed to fracture 2 _b

Comments

• collicsr
    collicsr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I hadnt finished my last post. I wanted to say that i fractured 2 bones in my foot. Its absolute agony and i have a bloody great darth vader boot to strap on to help it heal. Deep breath Erm i hope to stop moaning  now and say a massive hello and hope i to get to know some of you in the future.  Take care xx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @collicsr welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you have been in chronic pain, have a look at the discussions in our Chronic Pain message board to read about others experiences and to gain support.

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Gordonmrln
    Gordonmrln Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
    Hi collicsr, And welcome to our very friendly and helpful site, I am very sorry to hear of your fall, you must be in agony, I also suffer from OA, and CRPS and have done for quite some time now. My OA just started out in my knees, but my Dr informed me that it was a Degenerative condition and worsened over time, he also informed me that sadly it will spread to most of your major joints in your body, and he was right, I have it now in my Spine, Neck, Hips, Shoulders, Elbows, Ankles, also my Pain Syndrome is in my left knee has placed me in a wheelchair, but I've tried to not let it get me down, which is easy to say than to do, as anyone living with Chronic pain knows that it regularly wins the battle of wills, and I have had bouts of depression because of my pain levels, it is very hard to live with and I'm on enough painkillers to bring down an Elephant. The only thing I can say with truth and conviction is I do know where you are coming from my friend, but I've been a member of this website for some years now, and not only are they a very friendly bunch, but they will help you where they can and if they can't they will try to find somebody that will help you. If you take a look around the site you will see that here at Scope they cover a very varied field of topics, and there are quite a number of professional advisors on hand. So I do hope that you will stay and become a part of our community I'm sure that you will benefit from the experience of being a part of our community, also you may have things that you could contribute to with advice and experience, we don't just sit around moping about our disabilities we try to encourage people to try new things out. Myself recently took up the sport of Target shooting which I can do from my wheelchair, I have found a local club that is Disabled Friendly and has a Disabled coach to help you enter the shooting world, and since joining in May of this year my shooting skills have vastly improved, and 2 weeks ago I entered my first shooting competition up in Elgin, I finished second in my Class, and I finished top of the overall best-improved score, I had a wicked time and everyone made me feel welcome. And I shared my story with others on this website and the support and congratulations I received were very welcoming. You will find out if you stay that we are really a good and supportive group of people who are all in the same boat. So welcome my friend and I hope your pain levels will reduce and things start to get a little more tolerant. Good Luck my Friend. 

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @collicsr

Welcome my friend it’s great to meet you today.

We have got a number of people with “Chronic Pain” 

On our site/community which I do hope will benefit yourself.

Here’s a link for you below:

https://search.scope.org.uk/s/redirect?collection=scope-meta&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.scope.org.uk%2Fdiscussion%2F43201%2Fchronic-back-pain&index_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.scope.org.uk%2Fdiscussion%2F43201%2Fchronic-back-pain&auth=vsk3FNtSlv6kavKtIArdsw&profile=_default&rank=1&query=Back+pain

Please please let me know if I can help you further????
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @collicsr, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @collicsr
    You can respond to this post by typing in the box below.

You can also look through the community how to guide to learn how to use the community and if you have any questions then dont hesitate to ask :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Welcome - and join a very interesting bunch. Sorry about your back pain, and am sure you have tried everything, but did your GP recommend hydrotherapy?  

One of my more enlightend ones did, and it helps enormously with pain. Physio gave me specific exercises to do in water, pain disappeared and I had fun.

When I moved to Oxfordshire,where hydro pools are rarer than hen's teeth, pain came back, but now I have reached top of waiting list I am back in water and (touch wood) pain free.  This might not do for you, but it's fun !  more info
    https://aftercancers.com/hydrotherapy-is-the-forgotten-exercise/ 

Brightness