Paragraphs. A plea to everyone posting, please. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paragraphs. A plea to everyone posting, please.

newborn
newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
Please, please, could people break up their blocks of postings?

It is extremely hard to read more than, say, half a dozen lines of text, in the form of a dense attack on the eyes, for various conditions.

The worst thing is, that many of the most interesting and informative posts are long.  They are really  well worth reading, but just too difficult, because the eye to brain can't manage unless there is a breathing space, of a rest, with a blank line at frequent intervals.

It really doesn't matter in the least about some rules of grammar regarding where paragraphs 'should' end.  Better to consider a gap at the end of each sentence, unless the text is still not more than a block of five or six lines, maximum.

This isn't a complaint, or criticism.   It's only because every post is valuable, and the people carefully making such contributions probably have no idea that they are virtually unreadable, for some, simply because there are no gaps.

Thank you.

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    @newborn yes i do know what you mean , not only on the eyes but your brain  lol
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

@newborn….agree entirely that some posts are so long and difficult to follow that I'm sure that many readers simply give up even though the topic itself could be interesting.

Paragraph breaks would be a good start.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    I completely agree with everything you say here. One of the most difficult things for me to read is one extremely long paragraph, when someone is talking about one the and then another. My brain doesn't register all that information in one go.

More paragraphs certainly makes it easier on the head, eyes and mind.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    100% agree! I have to re-read the post to ensure I have read it properly
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    they are getting longer and longer  on here  x
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello every body try to do my best by breaking up paragraphs.

Those that know me on the forum know I post too many long sagas and epics.

Always have a lot to say.  Long bedtime stories or morning editions.

Do not mind any body debating, saying or being critical if it is done with sensitivity and appriopate words.

Try to do my posts with a lot of feeling and emotion.  Sometimes more than often are very careful to express in a way that cause harm and hurt.

As I live on my own. Also remember this many of us the community wake in the morning with no one to talk to.

I am up early meeting and greeting you all and it helps me very day. Sending sunshine down the line.  Every morning also speak to many who have joined and help and offer guidance give them support through the forum.

Many are similar to my self .

Just something to consider.

Went out on Thursday first time for three months then Saturday to hand back the car.

Now in here till when I need to go out if I do. Only person I see will be delivery drivers. Something you may also may wish to understand. My situation and others.

Hence the long posts and I apologise for this. Remember walk a mile in my shoes.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya thespiceman, I always enjoy reading your posts. Thank you very much.???
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Gwendoline1 Thanks very much for kind words.  

I hope I am happy to send any body who is reading anything I send a thank you and hope that we can support each other as a community.

I understand those with vision issues and problems.

I am one of the community champions on the forum and it a pleasure to meet any one who comes onto the forum.

Ask how can I help this person today and wish them well. Offer guidance and support.

I have to say many new members this there first time on a forum.

Wish to talk about there lives and issues. All I can do is listen be supportive and offer words that are sensitive and be amicable.

Have no issues with the length and time to read.  Because we all need to share and care.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Point taken- a valuable one and thank you for this.
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    You are absolutely right ‘ share and care’. Life is to short to have grudges or sharp words. Many of us are in pain and can help one another, I have a wonderful husband and tremendous children but they can’t understand the physical pain I’m in. I equally wouldn’t want them to, I love them so much. I like to read and understand other people’s lives and maybe get help through their experiences. Thank you again I’ll look forward to your next post???

Brightness