Anaphylaxis and PIP query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anaphylaxis and PIP query

glofish
glofish Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello community..l was wondering is there anyone in the community that can not take any kind of painkilling medication due to anaphylactic shock..l can not even take a paracetamol and find that l life is difficult with me oesteo arthritis and asthma..l do carry two epi pens  with me at all times and wear an emergency bracelet that has saved my life twice..doctors and nurse don't always connect the dots and can sometimes just be treated like the last patient..as one doctor actually nearly killed me so lm very wary of medical people..l was wanting to ask the community if they think l would be deemed  to be able to do things safely regarding pip decsion maker. I think most people who are in pain would agree that pain can limit your ability to do some things ..and somewhat unsafely..bit long sorry..but would love to hear people's views..

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @glofish welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what you have been through, sounds scary! I have just looked around the website and found this guest blog by a gymnast who suffered eight Anaphylactic Socks in 2 weeks. I can’t seem to find any other discussions regarding these shocks.

Have a look at the information provided in our PIP section which explains everything you need to know. Try out this PIP self-test to find out if you could be eligible and this will also help give you an idea of what questions you will be asked.

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Hi @glofish, and a warm welcome to the community! 

Thanks for sharing this with us. I have anaphylaxis too!

That must be really tough to deal with on top of everything else. There seems to be a fair bit of research going on at the moment into severe allergies and pain relief, so fingers crossed there'll be much better support and guidance in place in the future. Hopefully some of our other members will be able to advise on this part of the PIP application soon!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.