Pip. Not heard anything — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip. Not heard anything

Thomas69
Thomas69 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I completed my dla to pip form and sent off with evidence around 5 months ago now and I've not heard anything back. I'm based in Dorset. I am slightly concerned because I've had no letters not even a we've received your form etc. I don't like talking on the phone so I'm too scared to phone them! Really annoys me they don't have a email option ? how long is it normally? I'm pooping my pants worrying about a f2f it's all building up! I'm still getting paid dla into my bank so that's why I think it still must be OK? Also does anyone know if you get back payment if your awarded more money if pip is accepted or is that not the case because I get dla anyway. I thought I might get the difference in backpay. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Backlogs cause unwanted delays in a lot of areas. There's really no time scales to how long you'll have to wait. Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. If they hadn't received you PIP form then your DLA would have stopped, as you're still receiving it then they would have received it.

If your claim is successful there will be no backdated money, even if your PIP award is higher than your DLA award. DLA will continue for 4 weeks after the decision and then PIP will start approx 4 weeks after that.

Hopefully it won't be too long now. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ Thomas69, hello and welcome to the community, your first thing you should do is phone the DWP and find out if they have received your application and evidence. Waiting so long causing yourselves worry and anxiety is not a good thing for your well being. Like all things you wouldn’t wait months for an item you ordered so treat your benefits claims the same way, the DWP operates in a similar way.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
     your first thing you should do is phone the DWP and find out if they have received your application and evidence.
    DLA is still being paid so they would have received the forms, if they hadn't the DLA would have stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pee14
    pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    @Thomas69 5 months is still a long time even not to have any conformation, .I wouldn't take any chances with Pip,I would be ringing them asap.
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I waited months for my pip to get to assessment stage over 5 months. I would ring the DWP just to confirm they have received your form, its not that bad ringing just ask if they have received it.
    I am sure they have as your payments are still in place, your DLA would of stopped.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Do you have anyone who could ring for you?  You'd only need to answer the security questions but they could do all the rest of the phone call.  Alternatively, you could write yourself a script of what you want to ask so that you don't panic when they actually answer the call.  
  • Thomas69
    Thomas69 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Scary or what! I done this post last night and this morning in the post I've received a letter saying my f2f appointment is tomorrow between 10-12! Home visit too which is strange because I thought I might have to fight for one. I'm petrified about seeing them though ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.