PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
gavtodd11
gavtodd11 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
can you get a grant or anything like tht on PIP

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    Can you actually elaborate, please. What type of grant are you looking for, and if not to personal the reason. Perhaps the forum members can help you.
  • gavtodd11
    Options
    i am a type 1 dieabtic and i am moving house i need it to help me move and food as i dont have much family to help me 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you claim any means tested benefits like ESA, JSA or Income Support?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gavtodd11
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    A UC budgeting advance maybe possible but it will depend how long you've been claiming it for. How much you can get will depend on your personal circumstances. This loan does need to be repaid and paying it back will mean less UC each month. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/on-universal-credit/budgeting-advance/

The loan can help with moving costs. You can also try your local council they sometimes offer help with costs of moving house. Local charities in your area may also be able to help but you'll need to check what's available in your area.

As for food i'm not sure if a local food bank maybe able to help or not.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gavtodd11
    Options
    i have been on UC for a while they cant help me can PIP not help in anway
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP doesn't entitle you to any loans and you won't be able to have anymore money than you've been awarded.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.